Storage Auctions

We're moving back to Cloudflare

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
We're moving back to Cloudflare
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »
We're moving the site back to Cloudflare this evening (07/16/15)

We're tightening security and improving the site's performance, but we did have some issues with this service in the past that have since been resolved.

Hopefully there will be no issues, but just in case, here is an alternate way to reach us to report any issues.  http://auctionstx.com/contact-us/

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: We're moving back to Cloudflare
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:12:43 AM »
Weren't they the slow server you once had?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:14:22 AM »
It's more than a server issue because Travis has been and is still M.I.A. I can't get ahold of him at all, nor has he posted here in about 7 weeks.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
Maybe he's just overwhelmed right now.

For 7 weeks? There's something more going on because no one is so busy that they can't reply to a post, a PM, or an email in 7 weeks.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:18 AM »
Here's what he said on his auctionstx website; he didn't say what "today" was, so it could have been days ago.

Weeks, not days.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
Months...it's been going on for months now. It started off as a mild DDOS attack, then came the XMLRPC attacks, then they hacked our PC's, then fake Google and MSN bots came swarming in. As of now, the hacker/s is/are focused on me and my new computer. (Which is currently undergoing a factory reset due to an early morning attack.) The hackers are logging in and taking control of the hidden administrator account, system, and a handful of trusted other names. Heck, they've even cloned my Kasperski total security account.

What's most frustrating of all is whenever I announce to our members that we will be publishing the schedules on a certain time or date, the hackers/bots go out of their way to make sure that doesn't happen. They overwhelm my PC forcing me to shut down or lose my equipment. I can't explain in words how frustrating this is. We have about 2500 unanswered emails as of now, we can't field all of the calls, and everytime I think we've fixed the problem, it just intensifies.

Some good has come of this. We found several back doors to the site, a cloned site that was reselling our auction lists and the remnants of a negative SEO attack from earlier. Well my PC is back up. Gotta reinstall programs, run some malware scans and then a few friends of mine and I are going to try to take back these sites. If we can't get this cleaned up by Sunday night, we're going to launch another site. If that happens, I will post the new URL here.

Those of you who know me know that I don't give up. I want everyone to know that we're not going anywhere. We will get through this. Once I have some free time, I'm going to write about this experience. It has been an eye opener for me. Dont take internet security for granted. Take every precaution to protect your privacy, because something like this could happen to you. Or even worse, you might not even know that it happened.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:30:20 PM »
Sounds like a competitor is behind this.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
Did you ever get ahold of him?

He replied in this thread the next day (Sept. 11), see above.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »
Have you communicated any with him about this dust up?

No I have not. I know he will come back and tell us what's going on once the dust settles and he gets all caught up with those 2500 emails. If I bother him now I'll only hear half the story and I'll be keeping him from getting caught up. In the meantime I'll handle whatever I can here to help keep some load off his back.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 08:54:01 AM »
Straight from the camels mouth, a lot has happened since then. I just had a massive tumor partially removed from my spinal cord. It had penetrated the spinal cord sac and was eating into the bone. Before the operation, I couldn't even brush my daughter's hair. The next operation to remove the other half will be February 24th and Lord willing that will go smoothly. Haven't been hacked in a while, as far as I know.

xx
Moving to Sea-Tac area

Started by avelanch

2 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 02:12:51 PM
by avelanch
xx
Tips for moving your merchandise

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post November 16, 2014, 12:03:04 PM
by janette