Storage Auctions

What happens in Vegas won't stay in Vegas

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: What happens in Vegas won't stay in Vegas
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Man, was it made of unicorn and topped with fairy dust?

I shouldn't make fun.  Grabbed a burger with this girl last week and it came to $26 with bottles of cherry coke and tip. No fries. No sides. Just a burger.   But they were covered in Gruyere cheese and truffle oil sautéed mushrooms.  Pretty darn good.

Over at the Paris they have a burger that costs $777.  Kobe beef and Maine lobster topped with caramelized onions, imported Brie, crispy prosciutto, and aged balsamic vinegar served with a bottle of Dom Pérignon Rosé Champagne.

Why don't you try it and give us a review!?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
Yeah...that's more than our monthly grocery bill. Thanks, but I think I'll stick with What-A-Burger. ( For those of you who haven't heard of What-A-Burger, it's a Southern thing. )   ;)

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »
Yeah...that's more than our monthly grocery bill. Thanks, but I think I'll stick with What-A-Burger. ( For those of you who haven't heard of What-A-Burger, it's a Southern thing. )   ;)

Mmmmm.   Whataburger bacon cheese on Texas toast.    That's the s**t right there!

First time I had it I ordered a meal and asked for toast.  I meant toast instead of fries.
Got home, opened bag and....fries. Disappointment.
Then opened burger and it was on Texas toast.  First bite and was was like this is genius!  Why didn't I think of ordering it this way before?!   

What can I say, I'm a simple person.  I get pretty excited over the self serve coke machines too. The freestyle that makes 127 flavors. Pretty cool. And I don't even care for soda all that much.....

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 01:21:51 AM »
Alright, stop. You're making me hungry.

As promised, here is an update from the "Legal Learning Live - Auction Edition" where Dan & Laura Dotson, & Jim Grant (CEO of Storage Battles (now Storage Treasures) were debating the pros/cons of online storage auctions.

Um, I'm going to stay neutral here and just report the facts. Jeffrey Greenberger, an attorney specializing in self-storage, did a great job teaching the course. He's a great speaker and was very informative. He's pretty funny as well.

I'm going to make a long story short, and if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

The session started off with panelists answering basic questions. Next, Dan gently eases into how he feels live auctions with auctioneers are better. Jim answers a few questions, then the Dotsons begin their barrage on Storage Battles. Jim was definitely outmatched in the debate. Dan is a celebrity who is used to public speaking and being in the limelight and it clearly showed. However, I think the tides turned when Dan announced that he was starting his own online storage auction site. There was definitely a reaction in the crowd. People were confused since Dan seemed to be speaking out against online auctions, but here he is starting his own site.  ??? 

Then, the argument gets a little more heated, and the next thing you know Dan informs everyone about his falling out with Storage Treasures and proceeds to call Lance Watkins "Judas," referring to his betrayal. At this point, several audience members got up and left, although the class was running over the allotted time and these people might have just had somewhere else they needed to be.

I will say that Jim did a decent job defending online storage auctions and he definitely kept his cool while under pressure.

This was an entertaining experience to say the least; however, I felt like the discussion on online storage auctions could have been much more in depth.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »
the next thing you know Dan informs everyone about his falling out with Storage Treasures and proceeds to call Lance Watkins "Judas," referring to his betrayal.

Are you sure you were awake and this wasn't just a 'happy place' dream?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 04:41:01 PM »
Oh, I was wide awake.

After the event, there were just a few of us that stayed behind. I got a chance to talk with Dan & Laura. Laura was just as bubbly as she is on TV, just a really nice lady.

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 08:56:23 PM »
You met the Dotsons and didn't take a selfie so I could post it all over the social sites? Gah!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 02:21:12 AM »
You met the Dotsons and didn't take a selfie so I could post it all over the social sites? Gah!

That's what PhotoShop is for. And while you're at it, can you make me taller and add some hair?  :D

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »

A big guy and short arms do a selfie not make......

In fact, Travis is no longer Travis.....I shall now refer to him as T-Rex!   :)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
In fact, Travis is no longer Travis.....I shall now refer to him as T-Rex!

You do realize that such a reference is going straight to his head don't you?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

A big guy and short arms do a selfie not make......

In fact, Travis is no longer Travis.....I shall now refer to him as T-Rex!   :)

What can I say? God blessed me with some wonderful attributes, good genetics were not one of them. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
good genetics were not one of them.

Please convey my sympathies to the wife. :D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
It's Laura and Dan's job to get top dollar for every unit they sell. Building excitement (even for unexciting units) is part of their job. Also, I doubt anyone ever comes into the rental office and asks "Who do I pay?"

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
Please convey my sympathies to the wife. :D

Ironically, my wife has a fetish for short, chubby fluffy, bald guys. There is truly someone out there for everyone!

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »
I'm skinny as <censored> and have freakishly long arms.  I've yet to find a women with that fetish...mostly they just try to feed me......which could be a fetish.....hmmmmm.

xx
hi new guy from vegas

Started by lucky13

3 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 08:34:00 PM
by Drew
xx
Roadtrip to Las Vegas anyone?

Started by Mr Andersen

2 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 03:53:23 PM
by Mr Andersen