Storage Auctions

A couple of CL questions..........

A couple of CL questions..........
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »
I haven't used CL much, but see the obvious potential as a selling venue. I would like opinions/experiences on:

1 - When is the best time/day of the week to post?
2 - I noticed that there is a "DRAFTS" tab on my account page, but when I click on it, it just says "you don't have any drafts"..........How do I compose ads & get them into the drafts section so I can load them when I want to?

Thanks, Butch

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: A couple of CL questions..........
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 10:08:02 AM »
When you start a new ad but save it before you post it, it will end up on the drafts tab.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »
Everyone has their own time they think is "the" time to post.

I've found I get more responses if I post on the weekend.  Friday night to Sunday morning.
Other say early morning so when people get to work......other say about 6pm-7pm as people are getting home and relaxing.

And takes a bit more work but if I have more than one listing I put links to my other ones in each Ad.....

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
bbutler247,

I don't think when you post is as important as making sure your posts are updated at crucial times. I make sure my posts are updated on Thursday afternoon, evenings & Friday afternoon & evenings. This seems to be when we get the most "views" of our listings.

I don't do drafts, so can't help you with that.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
bbutler247,

I don't do drafts, so can't help you with that.

I use the CL App.  It keeps all your listings.  Nice since its easy to repost, update....
Downside is I have a huge list of items that have sold. Don't know how to delete them.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »
Everyone has their own time they think is "the" time to post.

I've found I get more responses if I post on the weekend.  Friday night to Sunday morning.
Other say early morning so when people get to work......other say about 6pm-7pm as people are getting home and relaxing.

And takes a bit more work but if I have more than one listing I put links to my other ones in each Ad.....

The best time to post really depends on your own local craigslist.. How busy the category you're posting to is and when. This is why there are differing opinions on Craigslist post times. My advice is to post consistently. Craigslist allows you to repost every 48 hours.. (I believe). If your item doesn't sell, repost often!

I've found that in the Raleigh area, if I post in the late afternoon, the others posting slows a bit which keeps my post on the first page longer. Also, make sure that your title and body text has lots of search terms in it. For example, if you have a stroller you want to sell, put the brand name and "stroller" in the title at minimum (Graco Baby Stroller) In the body, include words like carriage, buggy, etc. Include as many keywords as you can, because you never know what someone else might use to search for their product. I usually leave a keyword trail at the bottom of my post.

xx
Just a couple questions.

Started by Adnara

8 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 08:59:19 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
last couple of auctions have been great

Started by Dustin Rust

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 10:16:07 AM
by alloro