Storage Auctions

CL Sellers are nuts too.....

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
CL Sellers are nuts too.....
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »
Since we have a 'buyers are crazy' I thought I'd hate the other side.....

Emailed a guy for a jetBoil system and cooking pan.

Wanted $100.   Emailed, very polite, said keep my email, if he can't sell elsewhere, contact and I'll pay $50.

I got a huge ass rant about he is so sick of low ball offers.....the system is $140 and pan is $60.

I emailed back with links to a site.
  Online the jetBoil he is selling is $72.99.  Pan is $24.99.  With tax that's a little under $110.   Free shipping.    Why would I buy used when I could get new, with warranty, for $10 more?
He emailed back:  your f**king nuts!  I've never seen these systems for less than $140!  I don't know where our getting your information but do your research!!!  I said NO LOW BALL OFFERS!! 

Wow.  I'm nuts?  I sent you  the links!  There's the research! That's what I can get it for new.

Then there is he other seller, he has posted the same Ad three Saturday's in a row.  I've emailed each time and he hasn't replied. 

Re: CL Sellers are nuts too.....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
We have a local facebook page for selling crap similar to Craigslist.  This lady responds to my picture asking about a 1930's make up table and chair we are selling.  Tell her the price is $100.  She says can you come down at all?  I say sure $75 and its yours.   She reply's with I have to ask my husband.   Reply was sorry he said we can't afford it.

Yesterday someone posted a construction trailer (like an office) for $2000 and this same lady responds asking if it is still available.  Really?  Yesterday you couldn't afford $75 and today you got $2000 laying around for a trailer that will cost you another couple hundred to get moved (not hooking it up to your car).

I really think TV has these people thinking they can haggle items to nothing and sellers thinking their stuff is gold.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
Then there is he other seller, he has posted the same Ad three Saturday's in a row.  I've emailed each time and he hasn't replied.

These type of sellers drive me insane. I'm like, why bother posting an ad if you are not going to answer people that respond to it.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »
Our best seller story is....

Moving sale. had several items. Prices were a little high so just kept an eye on the ad. Finally somethings came off the ad and the prices dropped. Call the seller get directions go and look at what was left. It was a kid living on a miniature horse farm as a helper. He said he was joining the military. So we look at what was left made him an offer. $25 bucks less than the latest CL ad.Nothing was ready to sell still full of stuff. Said he had to talk to his Dad (I think was a total lie). He could not even remember what he was asking for the stuff. a week later he calls and ask if we still wanted it. We had called several times before that. Anyway got the stuff.

A few months later was selling something to a real nice lady she just moved down here. She bought a desk from us so we delivered... to the CL sellers house...  :o She took his job. Her and her husband had offered him $500 bucks for the stuff left in the house. he said fine then when they got here there was nothing there. She did not pay him so glad for her. We all agreed he was flaky.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »
yeah i sometimes get annoyed like if i wanted to sell it for 50 i woulda listed it for 50 but i get your point i often wsh i woulda held onto someones email so after i sat on something for a few weeks nad realize im not gonna get my desired price i could flip it for a quick eays profit. that said it does get frusting posting sonmething like a motorcycle for $3000 and being offerd 400 or having people send you a list of item like nintendo controler, tv remote, toaster, cugi sweatshirt, kitchen utensils and be like ill trade you all this for your bike lol

xx
Best Sellers on Ebay

Started by 39shades

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Board for Amazon sellers?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 11:03:53 AM
by bakerben