Storage Auctions

Craigslist stats?

Craigslist stats?
« on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
Does anybody know of a site or service that offers craigslist stats? I'd like to know about search terms.. I know it's probably a long shot, but with guys like MM who seem to have a hand in everything online, thought I'd ask!

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Craigslist stats?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/craigslist.org

Didnt see anything on search terms tho......

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
Yeah I saw that. What I'm looking for is search terms so that I can SEO my craigslist ads.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
i think with craigslist itss more about posting often since people normally only browse the most recent day. there are autoposting services and software but they cost a fortune and craigslist finds out about them and changes their site all the time so potentially you buy it and then its no good a week later

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:52 PM »
yeah I was looking at autoposters too and I'm not interested in getting into trouble with craigslist. I just want to know what people are using for search terms when looking for dining room tables, for example.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:23:46 PM »
Yeah I saw that. What I'm looking for is search terms so that I can SEO my craigslist ads.

Your best best for that is to put a list of keywords at the bottom of the ad. For example, if your selling a washing machine it might look like this:

Keywords: Maytag, Kenmore, Frigidaire, Hot Point, Whirlpool, LG, Samsung, Washer, Washer & Dryer, front loader

This way, people searching under different terms or brands might see your ad.

Another example: when I'm selling a sofa and love seat, I'll use the following variations:

Keywords: sofa, loveseat, love seat, sofa & loveseat, couch, living room set, etc. etc.

As far as doing real SEO for your ads, it would be a waste of time because it could take weeks or even months to see an improvement in the SERPS.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »
Not a bad idea, but I think that when you do that, you open yourself up for ghosting and flagging.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
yeah I was looking at autoposters too and I'm not interested in getting into trouble with craigslist. I just want to know what people are using for search terms when looking for dining room tables, for example.

you really dont have to worry about getting in trouble. its legal just cl doesn't like it. plus if youdid want to do this youd make up an email address just for this purpose, download a free texting app where they give you a free number and use that for the verification and then use a site like hide my ass or use your own proxies to hide your ip address and you'd be able to do this no problem. the problem however with autoposting software is you pay bit money and dont know how long it will work for. you wont get in trouble though.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
Not a bad idea, but I think that when you do that, you open yourself up for ghosting and flagging.

as long as your keywrods are legit i dont think people will get pissed. like travis said sofa, loveseat, couch, seating, etc would all be legit. what annoys me is when someone lists a toyota for sale and then in the bottom of description has toyota, honda, hyundai, elantra, geo, ford,...you get the point. what also annoys me is when someone is like selling a Yamaha V Star or something and in the title puts NOT HARLEY lol obviously its not a harley dumbass keyword stuffer!!! that annoys me and ill flag and wont buy on principal

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
Around here there are people who just sit and monitor craigslist all day.. like they have nothing better to do. I don't remember it being this bad in Florida. They do anything they can to flag it seems. 

clip
New stats for OSA

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2014, 07:12:01 PM
by Travis
xx
Forum Stats

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2013, 11:48:00 AM
by Travis