Storage Auctions

Do You Post In Other Areas?

Do You Post In Other Areas?
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
Craigslist strongly advises against buying in other areas, however, people still post in other areas for sale. If you are in an area where areas are close, it makes sense to me! I've got 3 other areas in about an hour to hour and a half drive to me. Fayetteville, Greensboro, and Greenville. Granted, I have not posted in these areas, but when I get an item with provenance local to those areas, I would think that I would get better action and prices by posting in those areas within driving distance.

Thoughts?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Do You Post In Other Areas?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
I live about an hour North of Austin, Texas and occasionally (especially with vehicles and big ticket items) I will post an ad there. It has worked out favorably on a few occasions.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:44:59 PM »
I will post in Norfolk area, and get better results on bigger items which is 80 miles away.  Where I live at now there is not many people buying higher price items.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
How do you arrange meeting? Do you agree to meet at a point half way, or do you request that people to travel to you?

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:20:01 PM »
I'll sometimes post in the next CL area north of me.  I'm at the tip of my area.  The next area is actually closer than the souther most part of my area.

But now CL gives results in your area and if there isn't very many it gives results in surrounding areas too.

I was looking for copper pans in Seattle and it gave me results for Portland, OR.   

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »
How do you arrange meeting? Do you agree to meet at a point half way, or do you request that people to travel to you?

I always try to meet halfway.   

If I post in Seattle and they are in Spokane....then they drive to me.   You search seattle ads, you drive to seattle.

And I always meet at malls, police stations and such.   If your out there then your driving to public spot.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »
I was looking for copper pans in Seattle and it gave me results for Portland, OR.

I often find this irritating because (at least around here) the state is not included in the location in the extended search, only the town.

xx
eBay Marketing Areas of Interest

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post March 09, 2013, 06:41:25 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Looking for Decent Furniture........NW...Bellingham to Lynnwood Areas

Started by the teacher

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2013, 12:55:07 AM
by the teacher