Storage Auctions

Listing On CL Advice

Offline Bane

Listing On CL Advice
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:58:41 PM »
Here are few things that I do that have helped get more sales and top dollar on CL. If anyone else has any ideas plz chime in.

1: I list free local delivery.

This had led to a ton of sales on refrigerators and furniture. Over 50% of the sells I deliver and they buy just off the CL pics posted, because they don't have transportation.

2: I try to always take pictures with the storage unit seen in the back of the picture. I don't know why but I have gotten higher dells volume since I started this practice.

3. I put we accept Visa Paypal And Cash. Square.com has a free app for your smart phone to take credit cards.

4. I give out business cards to every sell and ask them if they are looking for anything else. Often times I have what they need already and up sell them.

5. The obvious.... always post pictures

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Listing On CL Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
Here are few things that I do that have helped get more sales and top dollar on CL. If anyone else has any ideas plz chime in.

1: I list free local delivery.

This had led to a ton of sales on refrigerators and furniture. Over 50% of the sells I deliver and they buy just off the CL pics posted, because they don't have transportation.

2: I try to always take pictures with the storage unit seen in the back of the picture. I don't know why but I have gotten higher dells volume since I started this practice.

3. I put we accept Visa Paypal And Cash. Square.com has a free app for your smart phone to take credit cards.

4. I give out business cards to every sell and ask them if they are looking for anything else. Often times I have what they need already and up sell them.

5. The obvious.... always post pictures

One of the techniques I have noticed lately with individual sellers not just stores, is to offer layaway. I am considering it myself on some of my higher end furniture. Like the business card thing, need to start doing it more often. My have to look into the credit card thing too. Funny, you mention the storage unit in the picture, my wife says our sales were stronger/faster with the furniture pictured at the storage facility instead of inside the store. I no longer have the store, but a lot of my left over furniture was photographed in the store, and responses have been slight to nill. I think I need to re-photo my leftover furniture and re-post.

Thanks for the info.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »
This is just my opinion, but I would rather buy something pictured at a storage unit. If you make contact with the seller, it makes you think you are the first or second one getting dibs on it.  If the picture is taken at a store, I think "well, if its at a store and no one has grabbed it, there must be something wrong with it".

To me, pictures are everything and say a lot. If the item is pictured in a dirty environment, I wouldn't want it. Chances are it wasn't taken care of, etc. On the other hand, if the item is pictured with other things that might be of interest and for sale, I would check them out...maybe to get a deal on multiple purchases.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »
I would never take paypal as a form of payment for a pick up or delivered item.  All the buyer has to do is open a complaint for item not received and your payment will be refunded everytime.  The only way I would accept paypal is if I mailed the item. If you mail the item you have proof.

Trust me, been there done that.

Also, don't link paypal to your personal bank account.  If someone has a complaint against you paypal can and will freeze the account paypal is linked with.

xx
Need some advice

Started by AuctionFace

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 07:39:57 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Hi Everyone. Need advice

Started by thepokey1

4 Replies
Last post November 30, 2010, 08:50:03 PM
by Drew