Storage Auctions

New Craigslist Scam

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
New Craigslist Scam
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »
I have never seen this scam before, I think it's new.

The person replies to your ad and then starts telling you that you sound really cute in your ad and that they want to get to know you. They attach photos and a we address. I have never opened them because I assume they are malware or viruses. I have received about 30 of these emails in the last week. All of them are in response to the same item I listed on Craigslist. The sad thing is, even after the item was deleted, the emails kept coming.

Here are a few examples:

Is your merchandise still for sale? Sigh...this may well be uncommon but you might seem excellent in your ad. Would like to get together from time to time? I'm not a weirdo, just feeling bored. If you are having thoughts, interact with me on my secret dating profile (it's like facebook for grownups), no charge to enroll! My photos and my cell # are all on there. After you login, Im gonna to send you a private message so you'll know it's me. There are too many fraudsters on here so if you're legit, call me and become friends and maybe more? You never know! O.k, I won't hassle you again! To assure you that I am legit, today's date is 2/4/2013.

or

Read this if youre real and go through my direction. My pix and cell phone # are published on my secret profile so if you like what you see then get hold of my # and text/call me today. This is the ONLY way to deter weirdos and to ensure you're a reputable man precisely since I want to host at my place. Im not fake so stop questioning me. If you think I am not real then leave me alone. Im a mischievous babe in bedroom so rather tell you over the phone what Im seeking out in a man rather than wasting my time and writing here. I just hope you're legit too! xoxo

or

Im always working so I don't know where to search for guys anymore so thought I would try this out. I hope youre an adult and real because I would feel dumb exchaning emails with a minor boy lol. well I don't work for a week so do you want to meet? I would feel more at ease if we could talk on my profile page tho is that ok? Emailing is boring. Ill buzz you on there - I added comfy pictures and my cell # for you so hurry up. Youll see that Im real after logging in. You won't be dissappointed babe!

or

Is your thing still available? I don't usually do this but you seemed sizzling in your list and I'm drawn into you. I live close by and up for anything. My only dilemma is that you might be a phony as CL is full of them. So if you're indeed real, can we chat on my profile page? It's the safest way and very discreet. I'll message you as soon as I see you sign in! ;)

Only you'll be able to check out my pix and cell # on there so if you enjoy what you see, get in touch with me. I apologize to annoy you...life is too short so I had to give this a try. To confirm im real, today's date is 2/3/2013. I think you'll be pleased, TTYL!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: New Craigslist Scam
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »
The person replies to your ad and then starts telling you that you sound really cute in your ad and that they want to get to know you.

I get 'em all the time.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:36:38 PM »
I get 'em all the time.

That's understandable, but I don't respond to them.  :D

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
I respond to them all the time! You wouldn't believe the amount of relations I'm having! LOLOLOL 8)

xx
craigslist texting scam?

Started by fredgsanford

4 Replies
Last post February 26, 2012, 04:57:04 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Craigslist Scammers - Texting the scam

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 11, 2013, 08:36:30 AM
by fredgsanford