Storage Auctions

Posting pics in Craigslist ads

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Posting pics in Craigslist ads
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
Maybe 3 or 4 months ago cList stopped allowing the use of most HTML "code" in their listings. I used to put large pics right in with the text but that is no longer allowed.

Now they have recently increased the number of photos you can post using their approach...used to be 12 now it is 24.
That's some good exposure if you can take good pics...especially closeups.

Some people say if you make an ad look to professional people won't buy from you...they might think you are a store as an example.

Well, I always look at what other people are selling when I list an item and I can't believe they take one picture, it's darker than heck and you can't see anything. Compare that to the 10 to 20 or so I use and well, at least mine is more attractive and I'm happy to say sales are keeping me happy.

You ?

Re: Posting pics in Craigslist ads
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:49 AM »
Always take enough pictures to show all sides and good detail and I usually make sure they can see the model number.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, their new 24 picture format speaks volumes!  The few extra minutes it takes to put in a few extra pictures is well worth it in my opinion and can save a lot of stupid questions. 

Offline Millertime

• I Love Capitalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
I don't get the one picture ads either. We always put a bunch of pics in every ad. Many times I have loaded an item in the buyers vehicle without them even looking at it because "looked great in all the pics".

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
I always use several good pictures and make sure any flaws are shown. I want people to know exactly what they are coming to see so I don't waste their time or mine. I won't even look at ads without photos and it really pisses me off when I look at an ad and the photo's are crappy or sideways. Even people that do it with a phone can supply decent photos these days. There's no excuse.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
Maybe 3 or 4 months ago cList stopped allowing the use of most HTML "code" in their listings.

What HTML do they still allow? Can you still add a hyperlink somehow?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
What HTML do they still allow? Can you still add a hyperlink somehow?

If you look at their "help" links they have two different sets of what is allowed, but if you try them, essentially nothing works.

You CAN use <h2>....text goes here...and then</h2> and you'll get a big heading, but as I recall things like bold, italic and colors are all gone...and those were just nice little extras to spice it up a bit.

Can't complain though free and well used, gets results.

Edit:

I haven't tried to use a hyperlink in a long time. Might depend on what it was.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
I haven't tried to use a hyperlink in a long time. Might depend on what it was.

I just tried inserting a hyperlink and it doesn't work. It automatically removed it.

xx
More info about posting pics on eBay and Craigslist

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 11, 2014, 10:25:52 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Craigslist Auto-Posting

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 02:39:43 PM
by Travis