Storage Auctions

A surefire sign you got a good locker~

A surefire sign you got a good locker~
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »
Just woke up and checked my ebay items and I have 28 folks 'watching'  7 items.  6 of those came from our Big Wheel  locker.  The piano stool has received its first bid and with 8 watchers, I'm hoping the price goes up.

This guy just had unique stuff and folks seem to dig that!

Can't wait to head out to the swap meet and see how we do with the 'other' stuff from that unit~

Tempted to put the runway beacon on, but shipping that beast would be a *****!  Besides, we sold the big wheel yesterday (much to our daughters' chagrin), so we could 'afford' to keep it if I so choose~ 8)

Re: A surefire sign you got a good locker~
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
Lol Rockin - I hope those watchers turn into bidders.  I've had a number of stuff with 3-5 watchers that still ended with no bids  :'(

Good luck to you.  Think you did get an awsome unit for the price.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »
Lol Rockin - I hope those watchers turn into bidders.  I've had a number of stuff with 3-5 watchers that still ended with no bids  :'(

Yep, that was a great locker buy !  I do have to agree with Craigs... though. I've found that having 5 to 10 watchers often doesn't turn into a lot of multiple bids...sometimes one of those will throw in a bid, but I believe when we're dealing with that number of watchers, it's often (not always) people we know (like people here) and people who have the same item and want to see how you do with yours.

On the other hand when getting something like 25 watchers the odds of getting maybe 3 or so additional bidders seems to go up.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »
Yep, that was a great locker buy !  I do have to agree with Craigs... though. I've found that having 5 to 10 watchers often doesn't turn into a lot of multiple bids...sometimes one of those will throw in a bid, but I believe when we're dealing with that number of watchers, it's often (not always) people we know (like people here) and people who have the same item and want to see how you do with yours.

On the other hand when getting something like 25 watchers the odds of getting maybe 3 or so additional bidders seems to go up.

25 watchers?!?!  What was that?  An "authentic" Rolex for $50??  
I've had numerous items with no watchers, 2 hits and nary a bid~so this is heaven for me! ;D

And I know most aren't serious bidders (see me when I was watching that 'other' piano stool), but still interest is up and folks are bidding......great time to be a junk dealer~ 8)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:05 PM »
Shoot you weren't suppose to no I was watching...  ;)

Good luck on the stool.

Most recent sale had no watchers with one bid.  (Large short pants).

I always think of you Rockin when I click the add to watch list.... LOL  ;D

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
Yeah!  The stool went for $80!  A couple days ago I thought about pulling the ad and either offering it to an antique buddy or even holding it till the next antique fair (last Sat we were rained out), but so glad I decided to let it ride~

Now hopefully we'll see some action on the Vermont sign!

Money.......are you peeking again?!?!

;D

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
Wow...great sell on the stool. Congrats!

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
Congrats Rockin.Always  fun to see where things end up.

xx
What is the good locker to average locker ratio?

Started by MovieMan

15 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 10:50:37 AM
by Travis
xx
What is the “good” locker to “average” locker ratio ?

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post February 11, 2013, 11:11:38 PM
by Bryan
grin
Got my first Locker Today!! So Far So Good!

Started by Todd Hamilton

10 Replies
Last post December 15, 2011, 05:56:47 PM
by gimmebargains
xx
Gotta love a good business locker..

Started by LoneStarAds.US

8 Replies
Last post November 08, 2011, 07:06:45 AM
by craiglstauction