Storage Auctions

Account Sell Limits

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Account Sell Limits
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:22:38 AM »
This little obstacle is really getting annoying. I keep posting stuff for sale and some of it gets stopped with a notice that I have to reduce the quantity and wait 30 days before listing anymore for sale.

I've been an eBay member for close to 7 years with 100% positive feedback, both buying and selling.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Account Sell Limits
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:28 AM »
This little obstacle is really getting annoying. I keep posting stuff for sale and some of it gets stopped with a notice that I have to reduce the quantity and wait 30 days before listing anymore for sale.

I've been an eBay member for close to 7 years with 100% positive feedback, both buying and selling.

I ask the following question because I too have 100% feedback over 8 years, but I have NOT gotten the message you indicate.

The unknown element here is: HOW MANY FEEDBACK do you have? Show me yours...I'll show you mine.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »
I have a feedback count of 225.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:46 AM »
I have a feedback count of 225.

Thanks for responding. Now we have a basis for comparison.

My feedback is over 850 and I post about 10 items per month.

I have "top seller" (or whatever they call it) as well.

They must have some strange algorithm considering you have fewer feedback than I do and about the same "length" of history at 7 years or so.

NOW, if you are placing 100 items a month or something, that might have something to do with it too.

Given the additional information I have included for MY situation, can you draw any conclusions as to why you are getting those messages ?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »
alloro,

Have you made drastic changes to your selling behavior recently? I here this triggers a warning with Ebay even if you have been a member for several years. For instance, if you go from listing a couple to a dozen items a month to 100 or more, this could be a trigger, Or if your past history was selling socks and now all of a sudden you are selling HD flatscreen TV's this could be a trigger. My examples don't have to be that drastic, any measurable change in your selling behavior can trip an alarm with Ebay.

It's supposed to protect buyers and yourself from fraud (assuming someone has hacked your account and using it for fake sales).

Thats why some people in the biz have multiple Ebay accounts.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
What kind of items are you trying to sell?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »
I've done some checking and it seems that depending on the category an item is being listed in, the limits can be tight, loose, or non-existent. The health and beauty category seems to be the tightest one, and of course that where I'm trying to list the most. :(

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
I've done some checking and it seems that depending on the category an item is being listed in, the limits can be tight, loose, or non-existent. The health and beauty category seems to be the tightest one, and of course that where I'm trying to list the most. :(

Weird! Guess they dont want anyone competing with the cheap **** from China in this category.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »
Guess they don't want anyone competing with the cheap **** from China

Ironically eBay has just the opposite excuse. They're afraid of someone coming in, dumping a boatload of counterfeit stuff, and then running off with buko bucks. To I point I can understand their position, but for one I'm in the US not overseas, and two I've been a member for 7+ years and have perfect feedback. That should count for something.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »
You might want to contact customer service.I went through the same thing selling designer clothes a few years back.They had to verify my history and some other things.After about three weeks I was good to go.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
You might want to contact customer service.I went through the same thing selling designer clothes a few years back.They had to verify my history and some other things.After about three weeks I was good to go.

I have an arse load of jeans, I hope they don't pull this crap on me.

Then again these jeans are used and I'm going to be doing jeans in lot sales of like 5 so will see. I have like 100 pairs I need to sell, but fortunately they are same sizes and brands. Chams, Panyc, 3%, Paco's, Ecko Unlimited, etc. All with what I like to call arse artwork on the back pockets.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
How may of your 225 feedback is for selling ?  I have 122 feedback but all of mine are for buying. Now That I have started to sell I have the 10 items or $1000 a month.  You can ask to have your limits raised.

From e-bay

Increasing your limits

When you list an item, you may see a message letting you know that you have met, or are close to, one of your monthly account limits. If you can't wait until the next month to continue listing, you can click the link in the message to request higher selling limits. Some sellers may also find this link in the All Selling section of My eBay in the Monthly selling limits section.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
I just got an email that they reduced my seller limits because it appeared I have another account.

Turns out I did, but had forgotten about it.  Cancelled that one.

They won't restore my limits, though.  eBay kinda pisses me off sometimes.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
Keep stacking up feedback, keep your DSR scores high and every month call up speak to a person and ask for a limit increase, they will manually review your account, how quickly you ship, DSR, feedback, etc and increase you every month. My partner and I just got ours bumped up to 20K however it's not enough so we opened up a second account and a store and are only at 5k or 7k but will do the same thing for this store as well. It's a paina nd takes time but you will get yours raised each month if you do these things.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 06:17:30 PM »
it's not enough so we opened up a second account

I was told that's a direct violation of the eBay TOS, and that once they catch up with you they will close all of your accounts and lock you out from opening up another account.

xx
Selling Limits..

Started by luke

8 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 11:46:46 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Signature Limits Raised

Started by rulesforrebels

0 Replies
Last post November 10, 2014, 03:45:22 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
How do you create a fake account on eBay?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2014, 12:40:27 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Money sent to PayPal account by mistake

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post April 29, 2014, 07:14:17 PM
by rulesforrebels