Storage Auctions

Anyone Burned on Fee Bay ?

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
Anyone Burned on Fee Bay ?
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »
  I was just wondering if anyone on here has been burned on Fee Bay , at one of the local auction houses We attend on a regular basis , some of the regulars who were Raving about Fee Bay last Jan. have now been scammed out of there items and cash , one for the item and $ 1500. and have No recourse and really downing Fee Bay .
  I know the scammed discussions are all over the fee bay community discussion forums , but this is the first We have heard right from the horses mouth .
Bob

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone Burned on Fee Bay ?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »
I've only had one bad experience that I remember. I sold a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses with everything OK on glasses and case. Person said it wasn't as advertised. I tried to fight it, but eBay wouldn't help. Lost item and what they paid. I did so well on the lkr I didn't fight it; that was 1 out of 850 or so sales, so not a bad average.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:22:36 PM »
Its worst now.A person can have up to 45 days to return an item.They are making it harder and harder on sellers.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 01:17:28 AM »
Well you all heard me say that my grandmother does arts and crafts type stuff on ebay. Well recently she got burned by guess who. Lost the merchandise and the payment for it. Customer started their negative crap for what ever reason, kept the merchandise which he swears he never got, and got his money back. Since then, which I think was only 2 or 3 weeks ago, she cancelled all her other auctions, closed down her account, and now strictly sells only on Bonanza. She is also looking for a different place to auction things off. So if anyone knows a good, cheap, heavy trafficked auction site let me know.

Thanks

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
   jrossjr79
  Sorry Your grandmother got burned on Fee Bay  the stories on there forums  by dealers being scammed for items not received  ( evan after they provided Fee Bay with the E Mail  where the person liked the item )  and the SNAD scam's that are growing every day .
  You do have to read " Very Fast " as they are taking down negative post as fast as they find them .
Bob
  At least She didn't lose over $ 12,000. like this scammed seller did .              
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Scammedrobbed-So-Wheres/5200007252

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »
I think I would have filed fraud charges against that person.etsy is another place where people sell crafted items.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 06:44:15 PM »
Well I'd be fileing some lawsuites against 4 people there real fast and I'd do them all in federal court. See how long they like being a scammer then. I'd get everyone involved after all I'd be the local guy in my court I'd start with the little guy and work my way up the tree.

I had a local competiter try this once with there broke A$$ friends and needless to say it backfired on them. I have thin skin when it comes to this kind of stuff so I bloody knose's real fast.

Yes it sux but if folks dont stop them now its will just get worse everywhere.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
This thread reminds me of this great classic ebay story I am sure most of you have already seen but for those that haven't here it is again.

First of all, I am not claiming to have invented this trick. I imagine others have used it with varying degrees of success. I also want to point out that nothing here is embellished or exaggerated.

I had tickets to a sporting event and couldn't attend. I made a 1-day listing and clearly stated that the tickets must be picked up in person within 24 hours (the game was the evening after the auction ended, so there wasn't any time to ship the tickets). A woman won the auction for about $600. The auction had ended at 10:00am and by 5:00pm she still hadn't responded to my emails trying to organize the exchange. Finally, at 9:30pm, I got a one-liner email: "I overbid and my husband won't let me buy these. Sorry and enjoy the game! :)"

I first tried explaining that I wouldn't have the time to resell the tickets (I already got turned down by the losing bidders). She said, "... that's not my problem. It's eBay, not a car dealership. I can back out if I want." I still don't understand the car dealership reference.

I was pretty upset. I was basically going to be stuck with tickets to an event that I couldn't attend. That's when I got the idea to convince her to change her mind.

I created a new eBay account, "Payback" we'll call it, and sent her a message: "Hi there, I noticed you won an auction for 4 [sporting event] tickets. I meant to bid on these but couldn't get to a computer. I wanted to take my son and dad and would be willing to give you $1,000 for the tickets. I imagine that you've already made plans to attend, but I figured it was worth a shot."

At 11:30pm she responded to Payback: "I'll do it for $1,100, no less. I can meet you at the game if you agree. I need your phone number."

At 11:35pm, Payback wrote: "Deal. Here is my number..." (Thanks Google Voice for the throwaway number). She called a few minutes later and made Payback "promise" to go through with the deal. She emphasized that she'd be out a lot of money if Payback backed out. Payback swore he would never do such a thing.

At 11:45pm, the woman emailed me: "Fine. I'll buy them. But you have to drop them off at my house tonight. I'll have the cash ready." So at ****ing midnight I drove to her house across town and met her on the road in front of her apartment building. She was a nasty and rude individual. Things didn't get any better when I told her I wanted an extra $20 for the trouble of driving there at midnight (yeah, pushing my luck, I know). It became very awkward and she literally threw 31 $20 bills at me. I counted them before handing over the tickets. I said, "thanks for the great transaction" as she flipped me off while walking away.

At 10:00am she called Payback to make sure they were still on for the exchange. Payback said that he could no longer go to the game and wouldn't be able to do the exchange. She blew her ****ing top and I swear to god started speaking in tongues. Payback said, "Ma'am, this is eBay, not a car dealership" and hung up.

I got a rabid email 10 minutes later telling me that I was going to hell and that she's reported me to the local police, FBI, and... the fire department. WTF?

I never heard another word from her. I have no idea if she went to the game or not.

Was this wrong?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »

Was this wrong?

Sounds RIGHT to me !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
Drew...

Should reply #9 be moved somewhere ?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »
Sounds RIGHT to me !

I agree, she got what she deserved, bet she wont pull that type of **** again, lol

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 12:57:57 AM »
Goes to show you sounds to good it is.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:35 AM »
   I remember reading that when it was first posted in the Fee bay forum

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »
Drunk, love that story, good to hear the shady buyers getting the short end of the stick once in a while.

Apparently not a lot of people believe in "I wouldn't want someone to do that to me so I won't do that to others" philosophy b/c like in  your situation people just don't seem to give a **** if they inconveneince others, cost others money, etc.

Buyers want a 100% honest and upfront deal and they want to get what they paid for and they want professionism but then at the same time they bid on things and think it's fine to try to renegotiate the deal after the fact or just back out.

you basically have to have the attitude or knowledge anything you sell may wind up being gone with the money so i dont sell high dllar items. i sold some bose invisible speakers a while back for $250 and i was biting my naisl for  the next 45 days. also for pickup items its cash or no deal if the deal falls through so be it as if a buyer wants to be a jerk they will automatically get money back and keep your item. if i were going to do a local pickup id drop the item off at the persons house, hopefully you wont try to get over on my if i know where  you live but then again people are stupid

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »
Watch out for money orders also.They email saying they are having trouble with pay pal.Will you take a money order.Two weeks after you deposit it it comes back as no such account.

xx
Have you been burned on eBay?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post February 27, 2015, 10:53:18 AM
by Travis