Storage Auctions

Anyone Burned on Fee Bay ?

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
Re: Anyone Burned on Fee Bay ?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
  We never had a problem with U.S.P.O. Money Orders and I would take one of them over Prey Pal any day . ( The Postal Inspectors are not leg breakers , but they get the job done )
 My former neighbor ( other side of duplex / not the two on TV from across the street  ) took a MO on Craig's for a snow mobile ( I tried to warn Him ) and the bank took him to court for theft / fraud of $ 3800.

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
I got lucky on an Fee Bay scammer.

I listed a broken 10 meter amatuer radio.  It was listed as broken, for repair.  Guy won it, bid it up to $150.  Got it and opened a claim stating that is was not as advertised, he said it was broken.

I fought it, and Fee Bay found on my side, I got to keep the money.  He cussed me and left negative feedback.  Fee Bay said they could not retract the negative.  I told them I was going to close my 10 year acount.  Well, I didn't, and researched his transactions and saw he was habitual for leaving bad feedback.  They deleted his acocunt for a few months and restored my 100% feedback.

Oh, and by the way, he got so ticked that he crammed the radio in a box and shipped it back to me.  So I got $150 plus the broken radio back.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
Glad it worked out in your favor.Its garbage that they can't change the feedback.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 10:27:24 PM »
Glad it worked out in your favor.Its garbage that they can't change the feedback.

I agree completely.  That is what I kept telling their Customer No-Service department.

I told their rep that it was total bs that someone can bash a seller and we have no recourse like it used to be.  He said they did away with sellers being able to leave negative or neutral feedback because buyers were feeling intimidated.  I let him know that sellers having no recourse is a major reason why they are loosing most of their sellers.

They need to find a ballance to the system.  Maybe allow sellers and buyers to only leave so many negative feedbacks in a row, or in a month.  If you hit your limit, all you have left is neutral or positive you can leave.  But I guess that would take someone thinking, and that is not what they get paid to do!

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
   Fee Bay doesn't care if You leave on Your own , it saves them from having to do it and look like the Bad Guy , they only want the Big Box Stores and Chinese Sellers .
  According to the Fee Bay Forums they do remove Neg. Feedback and/or ignore it if You are in one of the select groups .
  For an example , check out Geoffrey's the Giraffe's  feedback . After it was recently cleaned up .
 http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=toysrus&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home
   If You copy it then check it in a month , it will be different .
Here is a post ,all 23 pages where they talk about all the whitewashing on there feedback   .                Bandit News , ( Ill post , You read and decide )   ;D
  http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Seller-Central/Just-How-Long/510285244&start=0

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
I got taken for over $400 on a knife I sold on ebay. Bidder was in France even thought I said I would not ship it out of the country.  Well I went ahead any way should have said no.  Took the guy 3 weeks to pay with paypal.  I ship the kinfe and follw the tracking through custums. Couple days later he files a claim on paypal says he never got the knife.  So in order to file a lost package claim you have todo a trace.  French post office said they delivered to the guy couple days after it cleared. Customs. I provided all this info to paypal and fough for a month. Never got my money back. Will not even consider shipping international again and have goen from hundreds of auctions on ebay to one every couple months. 

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Never no about international.Anything can happen.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
  I HAVE SOLD ON EBAY FOR YEARS I HAVE WELL OVER 1000 SALES ON THERE
AND I HAVE NEVER LOST ANYTHING USING A FEW SIMPLE STEPS
  WITH ANYTHING YOU CANT AFFORD TO LOSE ALWAYS USE INSURANCE
  ALWAYS USE TRACKING AND CONFIRMATION,IT WEEDS OUT THE BAD APPLES
THAT WAY WHEN THEY CLAIM THAT THEY DIDNT RECIEVE THE ITEM YOU CAN
JUST TYPE IN THE TRACKING NUMBER AND CASE CLOSED.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
  I HAVE SOLD ON EBAY FOR YEARS I HAVE WELL OVER 1000 SALES ON THERE....

Caps lock key ?

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
Caps lock key ?

I think he sold it in one of those 1000 sales.

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 03:37:27 PM »
WHAT?

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »
lol

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
jwdilligaf- is tracking the same as delivery confirmation or is that a more accurate tracking system? ebay encourages you to use delivery confirmation but they wont use delivery confirmation as proof the item was delivered. I agree its smart to get it and it helps and is probably a deterrant but I have had ebay give people their money back even though I bought delivery confirmation and it shows delivered. For more expensive items I require signature.

Offline Millertime

• I Love Capitalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »
I asume you are using US Postal Service, I would not use delivery confirmation as proof of delivery. A del con only shows time and date it was delivered, but I have seen them misdelivered many, many times especially if they fit in the box. I would use Signature Confirmation which records an electronic snapshot of signature and address. If it is very valuable, send it Insured w/ Return Receipt to have signature in hand. If you have Post Office questions thats where I work and will answer as best I can. International mailing can be very sketchy.

xx
Have you been burned on eBay?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post February 27, 2015, 10:53:18 AM
by Travis