Storage Auctions

Anyone have success selling clothes on ebay?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Anyone have success selling clothes on ebay?
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »
Last auction I went to got a ton of nice clothes, shoes, etc in great condition. Problem is I can't seem to sell any of it on ebay.

It's all nicer womens stuff puma shoes with stickers still on the bottom, great condition womens clothes like forever 21, express, kenneth cole, etc. I take lots of pics from different angles and sides. Post measurements of each piece of clothing etc. Only time it sells is if I drop price to like 0.99 cents with like $4 shipping and even then I'll get one bid price wont go up at all.

Such a waste to ask for higher prices because I may have to relist it 4 times at which point any profit I make is wiped out by fees if it sells at all, if not I paid insertion fees for nothign. I try to take advantage of the free listing weeks to try diff price points but still not much luck.

I don't mind selling the clothes for cheap b/c I already made 4x my money back on the unit just want to get rid of stuff.

Just seems like the only way anythign sells on ebay as at dirt cheap prices.

Re: Anyone have success selling clothes on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:33:45 PM »
I sold some coats on ebay once.  The new with tags Carhartt went well like $40.  Most of the rest got no more then one bid selling at $9.99.  My opinion is only really good brands that are new will sell.  It is not worth it to sell items for $9.99.  If you get a bunch of the same size clothes that are new selling as a lot may work.  Some Jeans sell well most do not.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »
Usually with clothes if I make 0.50 cents off an item I'm happy b/c I already made my money back on units and basically just wanna get rid of stuff. If I can make 0.50 cents and add a point onto my ebay store better than throwing or giving stuff away but I can't imagine how resellers who buy stuff to resell can make any money. All my merch is free and I'm still struggling to make a buck. Guess I'll have to stick to the swaporama although it sure is easier to do selling in my boxers on my couch on the cpu...lol.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
The only clothing I have sold on eBay are: Movie crew jacket for a Star Wars movie and a leather, fringed western woman's jacket.  Both really nice ones.

My concern on clothing is that it CAN NOT BE RETURNED. I describe them well showing size labels and have a seamstress friend measure them as well and include those measurements.

This prevents "buyer's remorse" due to a less than perfect fit or feel, and truth-be-known, just as some people buy (and wear) something from a store and then return it...this could happen on eBay too.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
I sold 6 ralph lauren polo shirts 2 polo pants and 1 rl polo shorts for $87 bucks last year. If you have expensive name brand stuff you can definetely make some money.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »
I have had success with American eagle and those sorts of brands. Usually shirts I sell in lots of 3 or so and jeans by themselves. I had a locker where the guy worked at American eagle and they make you buy their clothes there so I had a ton. I was surprised to see the jeans go fo 15-20 on eBay and I had like a dozen pair. I usually don't count on making any money on clothing most goes to goodwill.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
One thing i learned about selling clothing is.

Have a yardsale and advertise it in your local paper and CL. Then you go to your local mexican resturant and ask them if you can hang up a flyer.

My first yardsale i only put it on CL, and got ok response.
Thn i put an ad in the paper and a flyer at my local mexican resturant.

Let me tell you, you WANT mexicans to come to your yardsale. They goes totally bananas over clothing, i sold most of it for $1.00 a pice.
The thing with mexican's are, they are your best advertisement for cheap stuff, and they buy tons of stuff.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Let me tell you, you WANT mexicans to come to your yardsale. They goes totally bananas over clothing, i sold most of it for $1.00 a pice.
The thing with mexican's are, they are your best advertisement for cheap stuff, and they buy tons of stuff.

That is the smartest thing anybody has said in this thread!  Very true!

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
I only keep clothes that are new w/ tag or in otherwise like-new condition. I don't usually have trouble selling them, however, with clothes, pricing is everything.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
catalyst, care to elaborate and share some pricing? I know totally different depending on item, whether craigslist, ebay, flea market but I just made a post in the flea market section asking for posting help, would like to  hear what you have to say if you dont mind.

I'm all over the place, sometimes I try to get every last penny and sit on stuff forever othertimes I feel like I give stuff away. I recently sold a D&G jacket for like $6 plus shipping but had it up on ebay and craigslit and to a resale shop and didn't have any luck so figure even though I gave it away if I cant get more for it $6 is better than nothing.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
Sometimes the name brands are harder to sell because people are afraid of knockoffs.I have found with used clothing Men's  sells better than womans especially with jeans.

Offline johnnyghonda

• On the hunt.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »
@ mr A.  I am totally going to try that one about the flyer... I seem to have a good amount of clothes... and did I know Fridays for yard sales are HUGE?
hey what do u all think about these levis cords I found?  They were made in 8/86 and the reason I know why is the tag inside is not worn . These were probably only worn once. Mint! How much could I get for them?

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 05:13:43 PM »
I sold many clothes on eBay. On my opinion, people are looking for items from famous brands and so on. And it is important to guess what exactly they need, because when you use search you point out what brand you want to get. And price doesn't really matters, you can earn good money if your clothes are interesting for people. you can read some useful information here pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/auctions.html

xx
Selling clothes

Started by Millertime

6 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 08:08:22 PM
by Millertime
xx
Selling Baby Clothes on Craigslist

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 12:03:34 PM
by alloro
xx
eBay selling up and down

Started by KrauseHouse

2 Replies
Last post November 16, 2012, 02:46:08 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
Any eBay sellers looking for a hot selling product?

Started by rulesforrebels

3 Replies
Last post July 15, 2015, 09:29:36 AM
by alloro