Storage Auctions

eBay's Global Shipping Program

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
eBay's Global Shipping Program
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »
Has anyone used eBay's Global shipping program and if so, what are the pros and cons? What risks are involved with international shipping?

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
Re: eBay's Global Shipping Program
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
I've used it a bunch of times. Pros are that it's super easy because you just ship to the EBAY clearing house address in Kentucky (I think it's Kentucky). From that point on it's EBAY's concern to make sure it arrives at it's destination. I use USPS mostly and items over $250.00 must have signature confirmation which is not available in many countries. The downside is it is very expensive for the buyer. They pay your shipping to Kentucky, Ebays shipping to their location and customs. Obviously they pay customs eventually anyway but the shipping comes out more that if you shipped direct to them. Another problem I ran across was a buyer bought two of my items and there was no way to combine shipping. I ended up having to cancel the sales and relist the items together without Global Shipping so the buyer could purchase again and I sent it myself (it was only Canada). Came out much cheaper for the buyer. I think while using Global shipping is easier for the seller, the increased costs for the buyer result in lost sales.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
I think while using Global shipping is easier for the seller, the increased costs for the buyer result in lost sales.

I agree completely, I know I have lost sales due to the Shipping and import charges they charge. However I have sold a few items for more money to international buyers, when there was really no domestic interest. For most international countries I feel safer using GSP. I prob would ship to Canada, and most western European countries directly.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 03:28:27 PM »
There are no cons to it..

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
I have heard several complaints about items being reboxed by pittney bowes and getting damaged in transit due to poor packaging

xx
Ebay global shipping program

Started by dbr831

3 Replies
Last post January 28, 2014, 10:54:53 AM
by alloro
xx
eBay Large and Bulky Items Shipping - Pilot Program with eBay Developer

Started by citizenshipper

5 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 09:54:19 AM
by alloro