Storage Auctions

Ebay Non-Paying

Re: Ebay Non-Paying
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 11:58:41 AM »
Someone who has been a buyer on eBay for "years" let's say and has just a very small feedback number is always a red flag for me, and when I get a bid from someone with a long history but a small feedback number I make a decision on whether to shut them out or let it ride to the end.

I don't think that is necessarily the best method, some people just don't sho pon eBay as their primary shopping method and only occasionally need to go to eBay to acquire certain things. When I first signed up for eBay I bought 1 thing then I did not buy anything else for about 3 or 4 years. Then I bought and sold a bit in a certain category to obtain some items I wanted with little money investment. This was before I got into storage auctions. Now I have fairly decent feedback IMO not too high around 250 with 100% + but I still only buy maybe once every 2-3 months. So I guess I am saying long history low feedback only tells me they just don't buy on eBay that often, not that they will be a problem buyer. I would be more scared of a 1 month history with 50 feedback already, because most sellers leave positive feedback as soon as the item is paid for, then that person scams and gets kicked off eBay but not before getting a bunch of free product and wasting a bunch of sellers time and money.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
I could be wrong but I don't think you have to have a store to require immediate payment, I think just buy it now listings and not auctions
The option is there when you create a listing but if you select it when you go to submit, they tell you you need an eBay store to require immediate payment. I think it is 1 way they are trying to market and push having an eBay store.

I always set blocks on my ebay stuff but the blocks are pretty weak. I thougth it was 2 non payments in a month not 6 months you were allowed to block. IF thats the case 2 in a month is a pretty deadbeat ebayer already so doesn't help much. The other blocks agian help but not that much ebay tries to help people starting out and wants people buying because they amke money off every sale so they dont go allow too much stuff to be blocked

Here is a screen shot of my buyer requirements, I think it is set up about as strict as eBay will let you go.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
I don't think that is necessarily the best method, some people just don't sho pon eBay as their primary shopping method and only occasionally need to go to eBay to acquire certain things. When I first signed up for eBay I bought 1 thing then I did not buy anything else for about 3 or 4 years. Then I bought and sold a bit in a certain category to obtain some items I wanted with little money investment. This was before I got into storage auctions. Now I have fairly decent feedback IMO not too high around 250 with 100% + but I still only buy maybe once every 2-3 months. So I guess I am saying long history low feedback only tells me they just don't buy on eBay that often, not that they will be a problem buyer. I would be more scared of a 1 month history with 50 feedback already, because most sellers leave positive feedback as soon as the item is paid for, then that person scams and gets kicked off eBay but not before getting a bunch of free product and wasting a bunch of sellers time and money.

good point, i know people who are like i hate ebay but every now and again go there looking for a used car part or something like that

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 04:04:27 PM »
not sure if you guys ever run into competitors buying your stuff and not paying just to tie up your listing. this is probably more a problem if your consistantly selling in the same niche as its not worth the time to mess with someone who's going to sell one item and go away. anyhow, i set additional blocks to things like if someone has feedback under 10 they can only buy 3 items in a week or so many items per day. basically stops idios from clearing out my listings if i ever put up auctions. i primarily stick to buy it now anyway tho

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
In the last month I have had a run on people not paying..  Now sure what is up with people.. Had one BIN now pay and could have sworn I had it listed to require payment on BIN..

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 06:58:19 PM »
In the last month I have had a run on people not paying..  Now sure what is up with people.. Had one BIN now pay and could have sworn I had it listed to require payment on BIN..

there's a little box you have to check for "require immediate payment"

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »
you dont need a store for immediate payment

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
This a little over a week ago was the first time in three years that I listed something for sale on ebay. I did an auction and it ended at $100. Guess what?  Caught myself a non buyer.

Do any of you guys find that this happens with a certain niche, or is every type of product effected by this?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 10:41:22 PM »
It is an issue that spans all categories. Just make sure you file with eBay so the non-paying buyer gets a non-payer strike against him. Two of those and they can't bid for something like 30 days.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »
It tends to happen for me when an item goes hot and heavy on auction and gets up in the few hundred dollar range. Sometimes I think people get in bidding wars or try to run each other up on Ebay. Other times I think it's someone who sells the same product using a ghost account to purposely mess with my auction. :41:

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
This a little over a week ago was the first time in three years that I listed something for sale on ebay. I did an auction and it ended at $100. Guess what?  Caught myself a non buyer.

Do any of you guys find that this happens with a certain niche, or is every type of product effected by this?

With buy it now it cant happen if you request immediate payment. With auctions, especially 7 days auctions, your giving someone 7 days to shop around for a better price or to decide they don't want the product. many people may decide immediatley they dont want it but are too lazy to cancel their bid so they just let it end and dont pay and cause you a headache.

xx
Paying for Craigslist

Started by Travis

11 Replies
Last post November 08, 2013, 12:07:50 PM
by the teacher
xx
Paying income tax in sales

Started by KatPsen

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 11:20:22 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
NO wonder people are paying there storage

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post October 14, 2011, 05:16:55 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
How often do people leave the auction without paying?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 08:38:38 AM
by Leota