Storage Auctions

Ebay now has some ways for sellers to get negative feedback removed

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
This has been a longtime comming. I imagine it's still not gonna work that great but its a step in teh right direction. Basically there's a variety of isssues where ebay may automatically remove feedback and there's other circumstances in which you can appeal to have feedback removed. Some of the things are like if someone's account isn't active anymore you can get their feedback removed, if someon has a history of leaving negative feedback, if someone is trying to use feedback as extorition, etc.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ebay now has some ways for sellers to get negative feedback removed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »

Allowed
Negative Feedback left as a result of the following situations won't be removed:
A minor event beyond the seller's control occurs, such as an electric outage that prevents the printing of shipping labels.
An eBay system issue which doesn't affect the buyer experience. For example, a seller is unable to list an item.

Not allowed
Negative or neutral Feedback left as a result of the following situations may be removed:
A major event beyond the seller's control, such as an earthquake or flood, is directly and solely responsible for a bad buyer experience.  In these situations, we also remove low detailed seller ratings.
An eBay system issue is directly and solely responsible for a bad buyer experience.  In these situations, we may also remove low detailed seller ratings.
PayPal places a hold on a payment and notifies the seller to delay shipping of an item, and the negative or neutral Feedback is a result of the delayed shipping.
We are provided with a valid court order requesting Feedback removal.
We receive a decision from NetNeutrals, via the Independent Feedback Review process, requesting Feedback removal.
Negative or neutral Feedback is a result of seller not leaving Feedback for a buyer.

Not allowed
Feedback from a buyer is removed or adjusted automatically in the following situations:
A buyer is suspended for behavior we find warrants removing all negative and neutral Feedback left for sellers.  If any member is suspended within 90 days of registration, all Feedback left by that member is removed.
An eBay or PayPal Buyer Protection case is decided in a seller's favor.
There's a Global Shipping Program error.  We may also remove or adjust low ship cost or ship time detailed seller ratings.
A buyer has shown a pattern of leaving disproportionately high rates of low Feedback or low detailed seller ratings.
A seller qualifies for an automatic 5-star detailed seller ratings, in the following categories, when:

Shipping and handling charges:
A seller offered free shipping, and we know the buyer chose that option.

Shipping time:
A seller specified same business day or one business day handling, uploaded tracking information within one business day of receiving cleared payment, and the item showed a delivery time of 4 days from receiving payment.
A seller's item was designated as Fast 'N Free, the seller uploaded tracking information, and the item was delivered within the stated handling time plus the estimated delivery time as specified by the carrier.

Communication:
A seller specified same business day or 1 business day handling, and uploaded tracking information within 1 business day.
At the time the buyer leaves Feedback:
There are no member to member messages initiated (Best Offers, Second Chance Offers, invoices, or invoice requests don't affect automatic 5-star eligibility), and
There are no eBay Buyer Protection or PayPal Purchase Protection cases opened before Feedback was left.
There are no requests for contact information between the buyer and the seller.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
Do you have a resource available for us to read about this news further?

I was looking at Ebay recently for a printer that I needed for a CNC dedicated box. Since it is located in my shop I really didn’t want anything expensive because of the environment it will be in.

Anyway, I thought Ebay would be the perfect route. I found a cheapie and bought it for $39.00 (new). The next day I get a email from the seller telling me that he refunded my payment because he doesn’t have that printer in stock anymore. WTF! He had it listed with 5 available and 5 sold and you don’t have anymore in stock!

To say I was pissed was an understatement!

At first I couldn’t figure out how to leave a negative feedback. I think the link wasn’t there until a few days after the refund was processed and both parties agreed to the end of the Ebay transaction.

But OH! The feedback I left when I was able to! The dude was sending me emails (outside the Ebay messaging system) begging for me to reverse my feedback. I never changed it and the feedback is still in his profile.

Anyway, I can imagine if the news about being able to get feedback removed is true, Ebay is just setting them selves up for more work in the long run and more running costs being passed down to us members.

Please pass along a link if you have one…

Edit to add:

PS, I went on the Wal-Mart website and found a great Canon Printer for $29.00. I called the store up and it was in stock and they honored the Internet price for the in store sale. Bingo!

I should have Checked Wal-Mart first

Many people do sell both on and off ebay so it's possible he sold out and wasnt able to take the listing down in time before you bid. Was it a abuy it now or an auction? if auction do you feel he didn't like the price it sold for and was trying to cancel for that reason by all means leave neg feedback but if it was an honest mistake and he forgot to adjust his inventory thats kinda harsh.

People work really hard on their ebay feedback scores, it affects their discounts, powerseller ratings, ranking in searches so I'm generally willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and not leave bad feedback unless something is really crazy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
Do you have a resource available for us to read about this news further?

I was looking at Ebay recently for a printer that I needed for a CNC dedicated box. Since it is located in my shop I really didn’t want anything expensive because of the environment it will be in.

Anyway, I thought Ebay would be the perfect route. I found a cheapie and bought it for $39.00 (new). The next day I get a email from the seller telling me that he refunded my payment because he doesn’t have that printer in stock anymore. WTF! He had it listed with 5 available and 5 sold and you don’t have anymore in stock!

To say I was pissed was an understatement!

At first I couldn’t figure out how to leave a negative feedback. I think the link wasn’t there until a few days after the refund was processed and both parties agreed to the end of the Ebay transaction.

But OH! The feedback I left when I was able to! The dude was sending me emails (outside the Ebay messaging system) begging for me to reverse my feedback. I never changed it and the feedback is still in his profile.

Anyway, I can imagine if the news about being able to get feedback removed is true, Ebay is just setting them selves up for more work in the long run and more running costs being passed down to us members.

Please pass along a link if you have one…

Edit to add:

PS, I went on the Wal-Mart website and found a great Canon Printer for $29.00. I called the store up and it was in stock and they honored the Internet price for the in store sale. Bingo!

I should have Checked Wal-Mart first

you are kind of a jack *** 

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
Sure, I understand what you are saying.

However, the listing didn’t say there was only one remaining in stock. I prefer to not waste my time, and lockup my money in limbo (with a buy it now) for a few days because a seller can’t keep his records straight.

It is a simple concept. If you have 10 of something to sell on Ebay then set 10 of that something aside so they don’t get sold elsewhere.

In the real world, this is called bait and switch and it is illegal. A store will run an ad for something that they have no way of fulfilling sales. The store hopes that the consumer will continue shopping for something after they find that the original item is out of stock or the store will offer something else.

I'm not calling you a jackass but you are not someone I want to deal with on ebay. Say I have 10 items for sale on ebay, a guy comes by my house to look at the printers and buys all of them because he owns a restaurant or something. You happen to buy now before I can logon to ebay and take down the listing. Those things happen and its not necessarily ebayer didnt keep his records straight. Also your experience on ebay is probably selling one item you have in your basement, try selling thousands of items and then come talk to us about keeping records straight.

Not sure if your mad about the price but its not the sellers fault if walmart beat his price, its your responsibility as a buyer to shop around before buying.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
Your response didn’t address the most important aspect, tying up my money for a few days in limbo while the dust settles.

The seller refunded your money and emailed you before you even knew there was a problem. So how was your money tied up for a few days? Sounds to me like you overreacted to an apologetic and conscientious seller.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:07:27 PM »
Your response didn’t address the most important aspect, tying up my money for a few days in limbo while the dust settles.

If anybody wants to play businessperson on Ebay they should go all in and keep their paperwork straight. Those that don’t want to act with ethics or operate with a lax attitude don’t deserve to have seller accounts. PERIOD!

BTW, I’ve only been a member of Ebay since early 2001. A total Ebay newbie, just like you said.

LOL!

just because you've had an ebay account a long time doesn't mean you know anything about ebay. i've had my account since the late 90's however it was casually buying a few items a year, it wasn't until this year that im moving 500 plus items a month that i truly know ebay well. your entitled to do things how you like but your exactly the type of buyer i block from buying my stuff b/c your difficult and your the sameperson who comes crying to me about how it wont let you buy. people like you i only take cashiers checks from off ebay

xx
Have you ever been dinged by negative feedback?

Started by Travis

11 Replies
Last post February 07, 2013, 08:57:56 AM
by romelll
xx
Would you leave negative feedback?

Started by Alias300

4 Replies
Last post February 01, 2013, 11:58:22 AM
by fredgsanford
xx
Have you ever left negative feedback on another seller?

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post February 22, 2014, 09:49:13 PM
by alloro
xx
Best Sellers on Ebay

Started by 39shades

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
by rulesforrebels