Storage Auctions

eBay, UPS, Postal Service

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
eBay, UPS, Postal Service
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
I just bought an electronics part on eBay from a seller in Michigan (big company).

I got an email which gave me a tracking number which took me to a UPS site subset page.

The tracking number showed me three lines that showed UPS picked it up, delivered it to the post office and from there it comes on to me.  This is call UPS Mail Innovations.

I did a google search on this and it took me to a UPS Q&A page.  Here are the first two Q & A's :

Frequently Asked Questions

At UPS Mail Innovations, we continually strive to provide the information our customers need to make smart decisions about their mailing services. Explore the answers below. For additional information, call 1.800.500.2224.

Q. When will I receive my mail piece?

A. UPS Mail Innovations inducts your mail piece into the U.S. Postal Service within 48 hours of processing. The U.S. Postal Service will then deliver the mail piece within three to five days, on average.

Q. Why does the Post Office have my UPS Mail Innovations package?

A. UPS Mail Innovations works with the U.S. Postal Service, providing the pick-up, processing, and interim transportation of mail, with final delivery being made by domestic and international postal services.

Anyone else ever see this happen?  Seems to work (UPS isn't going to make any major mistakes) and when I actually get the thing in the mail I'll update this post with the results.

Re: eBay, UPS, Postal Service
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »
I have ordered several things, that were shipped out via UPS or Fedex, that arrived throught the regular USPS mail. I do not know how they determine when to use USPS and when to deliver it themselves, but I have never had an issue.

xx
eBay Listing Service

Started by cstore7

10 Replies
Last post September 26, 2013, 12:15:19 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
Postal Scale

Started by Buy-Low-Sell-High

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2012, 09:22:33 PM
by Buy-Low-Sell-High
xx
Auctioneer goes "postal" when toes enter locker edge !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2011, 03:32:32 PM
by Ironman
xx
How much does your service cost?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post September 03, 2014, 12:39:10 PM
by Travis