Storage Auctions

Finally figured out the key to ebay selling...

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Finally figured out the key to ebay selling...
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
Okay so I've had my own ebay account for years sold storage auction stuff as well as occasionally stuff I buy from police auctions, estate sales, going out of business sales, etc.

My problem A. I'm cheap and don't like losing money when customers are idiots and B. I have an ego and when I'm right I'm right and don't like to bend, espeically when people are trying to take advantage of ebay policies or do stupid things.

A while back I started selling on ebay with a partner. He's much more a businessman than I when it comes to customer service plus the money we make is our businesses money which essentially is mine but I don't think about it being mine in the same way as my personal ebay account.

I can kind of take a step back and look at things differently now that its our business and not my personal account. The key to selling on ebay is you have to A. Be willing to bend over and be raped by those pain in hte ass customers, they are few and far between but when it happens you just gotta bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to make them happy and B. you have to lose your ego and leave feedback for people even if htey wont leave it for you, work with people even if they are idiots, etc.

My attitude in the past was always well **** them I'll take a bad feedback I'm not losing money because this guy changed his mind about wanting to buy something or bid on something and never paid. You just have to do whatever to keep people happy and keep your DSR scores high and your feedback perfect otherwise your really just screwing yourself in the long run. You start getting lower DSR scores or bad feedback and you fall lower in your search ranking, have lower selling limits and get cut off before the month is over, etc.

Re: Finally figured out the key to ebay selling...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
How do you know your ranking? I have perfect feedback, but it's only at 56 so far.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
che85mor if 1 person gave you negative feedback then your 56 rating goes down to 55. It continues to subtract every time you get negative feedback.

rulesforrebels if you have items with barcodes then you might want to try Amazon. Since it's not auction style you can list the item on Amazon and as a Buy It Now on Ebay at the same time.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
I looked amazon over and they appear to be a pain in the ass too. What's been your exp?

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »
I've been selling electronics, cables and computer accessories on Amazon. The key to selling with them is to have the lowest price for the item listed. I seem to get the most sales on Sunday night for some reason. Sales have been really good and I make more on Amazon than on Ebay.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
The key to selling with them is to have the lowest price for the item listed.

That's bullsh*t.
Next you will be telling us the best way to make a profit is to buy items for less than we sell them for......

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
What I meant was for instance on Ebay you can list your item as a Buy It Now for whatever price and it may sell because you have more than one item that the buyer wants or the buyer has bought from you before.

With Amazon when you try to list your item it their system will tell you if have the lowest price. Also they have an inventory where you can view all of your listing. If someone lowers their price or someone post the same item with a lower price you can easily see that in your inventory list.

That's what I meant.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
Got'cha.

Thought you might be starting a Econ 96 class for newbies.   ;D

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 08:19:01 AM »
I looked amazon over and they appear to be a pain in the ass too. What's been your exp?

I like Amazon. Easy passive sales. The one thing I have learned is it really isn't worth selling something for less then $5. The Amazon commission eats up to much money considering to time and effort to list, pack, & ship.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
Good info, thanks. I have about 350 packaged 15' cat5E cables @ 0.00 cost I might use to play on Amazon with.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »
i tried amazon but the type of stuff im selling doesn't seem to sell on amazon goes like crazy on ebay though.

xx
Finally an eBay promo I can use....

Started by Alias300

4 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 11:57:42 AM
by bwd111
xx
eBay selling up and down

Started by KrauseHouse

2 Replies
Last post November 16, 2012, 02:46:08 PM
by fredgsanford