Storage Auctions

Free listing day today only~

Re: Free listing day today only~
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 10:00:27 PM »
You under-quoted by about 35,000.

If I could get 50k listings at once, I might take the rest of the year off!!   :P

Sorry....typo.    My fingers were a little tired from listing 17,000 items yesterday!! :P :P

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »
I listed and sold one item on one of those free days, Ebay still takes there commission cut if you sell it. The last item I sold went for $300, Ebays cut was $29.16, not including Paypals cut. Free hell, they pay next to nothing for server drive space, it's all pure profit to them. 

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
I hear a lot of people rag on ebay's fees, but as far as I'm concerned, it's still one of the cheapest selling venues in the marketplace.

ebay & paypal = 11.9% + .30

antique mall = 10% + rent (2.60/sq.ft. locally)

local auction house = 38% for lots under $100

consignment shops = 20%-50%

flea = depends on sales divided by space fee

garage sale = free!! but try getting ebay prices and many are only allowed 2 per year

I'm now thinking this should've been it's own thread but too late now!!  :P

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
I often wonder why folks grumble (so much) about the fees.  While yes they do add up I seriously doubt some of the pieces I've sold on ebay would sell for the prices they have.....or at all!  Then add in the fact that I can sell danged near anything........any day of the week.....any time of the day........in my pajamas if I choose............ ;D

Can't beat it!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
I often wonder why folks grumble (so much) about the fees.  While yes they do add up I seriously doubt some of the pieces I've sold on ebay would sell for the prices they have.....or at all!  Then add in the fact that I can sell danged near anything........any day of the week.....any time of the day........in my pajamas if I choose............ ;D

Can't beat it!

I think the big thing is selling something at a price that is still worth your time and effort after the fees and researching, listing, packaging, shipping. If I am not clearing at least $10 then it goes to the flea, unless it is an item that just won't sell other than on Ebay.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
When you had to pay the $.15 - $.30 or so just to list I hated ebay (even if been member since 97).  When they switched to the 50 free listings I jumped back on ebay.  Yes - the FV fee is higher but I don't get hit if item doesn't sell.  Once I use up my 50 free listings I either wait till next month or only post items I know are selling.

Even those $1 and $2 profits after fees can be worth it.  Just as much of a pain as those $10 profit items but they do add up.  It all depends on the strategy that you use.

xx
Currently free listing and free buy it now on ebay

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 09:21:41 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
FREE Auction-Style Listing - MAY 16th

Started by Cheesehead

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 12:13:50 PM
by LaWaughn
xx
FREE Auction-Style Listing - JUNE 19

Started by Cheesehead

1 Replies
Last post July 10, 2012, 03:58:52 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
EBAY - Slowed down all the Free Listing Promotions.

Started by luke

4 Replies
Last post May 29, 2014, 04:50:33 PM
by rulesforrebels