Storage Auctions

Getting your first neg feedback is actually very freeing!!!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Getting your first neg feedback is actually very freeing!!!
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »
For the longest time I had thousands of positive feedback and had never been dinged with a negative feedback. It reminds me of when you get a new car and you are crazy about not getting it dinged or scratched and once you get a ding or two you stop caring so much.

That is how it was with my ebay account. I was going overboard catering to demanding customers all trying to avoid getting a negative feedback kissing butt and giving refunds when they really weren't deserved or were a customer mistake. I recently lost my top rated seller and power seller standing because of trying to claim final value fees back. I kind of stoped caring and its actually very freeing that I'm not jumping through hoops to keep that.

The discounts were nice but nothing that huge, main discounts were on USPS postage but I ship all fedex these days so that didn't really help me out anymore.

Just thought it was worth noting as I imagine others out there have the same logic as I had so protective of ebay account but once you get a bad feedback or lose stnading you really don't have to be as paranoid about ebay.

I had a customer the other day who basically said before I leave feedback I'd like you to refund me because I saw a seller on ebay selling this item for such and such amount of money. He wanted me to refund him 6 puchases over the course of the last year. I told him not only is that a totally different selling platform but there's people selling the same thing at various prices all over ebay, if he wnated best price and iddn't care about service or feedback he should hvae bought from someone else. Told him I provide a superior service and charge a bit more for it. We got into a big thing and basically he said he was going to leave me bad feedback. Told him my thousands of good feedbacks will outweigh his go right ahead. Needless to say he never left me bad feedback and I didn't have to cave to an extortionist.

Re: Getting your first neg feedback is actually very freeing!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:08:18 AM »
I really hate it when customers extort from sellers by using a negative feedback as a weapon. It is true that you would definitely feel less burdened when you do not care too much. The feedback system is there only as a guideline and should not take a toll on you until the extent of giving in to absurd customers’ requests. Buyers these days are smart enough to know which to believe and which to ignore in terms of analyzing a seller's reputation.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Getting your first neg feedback is actually very freeing!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
I really hate it when customers extort from sellers by using a negative feedback as a weapon.

It used to be worse, at least now you can post a response to the negative feedback and get your side of the story out there.

xx
Feedback

Started by Travis

16 Replies
Last post February 27, 2014, 05:51:57 PM
by atanorthwest
xx
The Zero Feedback Buyer

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 03:19:11 PM
by bwd111
xx
I have a question & I would appreciate your feedback.

Started by Travis

44 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 05:26:59 PM
by Travis
xx
What's the point of feedback?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 04:12:58 PM
by rulesforrebels