Storage Auctions

How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?

Offline Travis

  • *****
  • 5484
  • Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« on: February 06, 2014, 08:29:32 AM »
Anyone looked into how FedEx flat rate compare to USPS flat rate?

Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
Not recently, last I did compare though most of the time USPS was better and USPS is much more convenient for me.

Offline alloro

  • *****
  • 2345
    • View Profile
Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:16:05 AM »
USPS is less expensive and has faster delivery times. The only time I've ever used UPS or FedEx is when the package was overly large or heavy.

Offline luke

  • ****
  • 282
    • View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
Cheapest way to ship from 1 to 8 lbs is "Fedex SmartPost" through ebay..

Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:05 PM »
Cheapest way to ship from 1 to 8 lbs is "Fedex SmartPost" through ebay..

This intrigued me, so I did some double checking and as long as I can fit my item into a regional rate A box, it is cheaper still to use USPS as it ships at the 2lb rate. Regional Rate B ships at the 4lb rate, regional rate C ships at the 17lb rate. I will have to look more closely at fedex smart post though because if I have to send Parcel select USPS then smartpost has about the same shipping time and may be cheaper. But I also have to deal with convenience, in my situation post office is alot more convenient.

Offline luke

  • ****
  • 282
    • View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »
This intrigued me, so I did some double checking and as long as I can fit my item into a regional rate A box, it is cheaper still to use USPS as it ships at the 2lb rate. Regional Rate B ships at the 4lb rate, regional rate C ships at the 17lb rate. I will have to look more closely at fedex smart post though because if I have to send Parcel select USPS then smartpost has about the same shipping time and may be cheaper. But I also have to deal with convenience, in my situation post office is alot more convenient.

We'll

#1 Smartpost = free $100 insurance - You don't get that with flat rate..
#2 Do you have the discounted rates from EBAY? I have yet to see any flat rate cheaper from USPS, with the exception of the small box and the padded envelope.  It also might be because I live in FL.

Take a look at the images... This is what I see..



Offline alloro

  • *****
  • 2345
    • View Profile
Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
Cheapest way to ship from 1 to 8 lbs is "Fedex SmartPost" through ebay..

I HATE it when sellers send me stuff using smartpost. It has to be the slowest shipping service next to media mail.

Re: How does FedEx flat rate compare to USPS?
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »
We'll

#1 Smartpost = free $100 insurance - You don't get that with flat rate..
#2 Do you have the discounted rates from EBAY? I have yet to see any flat rate cheaper from USPS, with the exception of the small box and the padded envelope.  It also might be because I live in FL.

Take a look at the images... This is what I see..


I live in CA so I am in the same boat as you about having to ship coast to coast, not lucky enough to live in the middle of the country and get those cheaper postage rates all around. I checked with a 5-6 lb package and smart post was $10.xx with up to 7 day delivery, regional rate A ibox is max 3 day delivery. Also with new postal changes all priority mail comes with $50 insurance, any priority mail through ebay labels gets $100 insurance, yes I do get a bonus discount for being a toprated seller and a power seller, so maybe that makes a difference, but the major deciding factor for me is convenience. USPS 95% is cheaper for me and what I ship, and the other 5% of the time fedex is just to inconvenient. Time = money and Fedex does not sve me time where I live.


xx
Ebay Shipping via USPS Flat Rate

Started by craiglstauction

15 Replies
5730 Views
Last post October 24, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
by alloro
xx
UPS, FedEx & USPS - How to know which one to use

Started by Travis

11 Replies
5545 Views
Last post February 07, 2013, 03:18:59 PM
by romelll
xx
DONT USE FEDEX COD SERVICE - How Fedex Lost Me $7,000

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
2734 Views
Last post November 16, 2012, 12:36:45 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
How many lockers did you buy in 2012 and how did it compare to 2011 buys ?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
1582 Views
Last post January 07, 2013, 08:25:10 AM
by Cobia