Storage Auctions

How many item listings to you do in a regular months time?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
How many item listings to you do in a regular months time?
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
I've been selling on eBay for almost 10 years now and I am happy to list up to 20 a month and happy with sales of 10 to 12 a month. Sometimes they all go, sometimes maybe only 6 or so...but eventually everything goes one way or the other, even if it is back to Goodwill !

I know of two members here who have HUGE listings on eBay. One has about 3,000 and the other about 5,000. However when I look at their completeds about once a month I may only see 10 to 15 sales.

Can it really be worthwhile to spend the time listing thousands of items....?  Maybe that's why someone needs a turbo lister of some kind.

Thoughts?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: How many item listings to you do in a regular months time?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »
Can it really be worthwhile to spend the time listing thousands of items....? 

If you have an eBay store, once you have listings up the first time, you can set them to automatically renew every 30 days. So if he only lists 100 a day, after a month's time he can have thousands of listings up and never have to touch them again.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
If you have an eBay store, once you have listings up the first time, you can set them to automatically renew every 30 days. So if he only lists 100 a day, after a month's time he can have thousands of listings up and never have to touch them again.

I don't have an eBay store, but even when doing my individual listings I have seen the opportunity for automatic renewal, but that may only be on 30 day listings at buy it now...I forget. Anyway, I like to have better control over a 30 day period even on my small number of listings.

My other thought about having 5,000 listings is this. How can one possibly keep track of where "jeans #375" is? Or where book #2,342 is currently sitting?  They must be better organized and have more space than I do.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
My other thought about having 5,000 listings is this. How can one possibly keep track of where "jeans #375" is? Or where book #2,342 is currently sitting?  They must be better organized and have more space than I do.

Maybe they're new items and are drop shipped.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »
Maybe they're new items and are drop shipped.

The 5,000 items lister (who is a member here) is selling used clothing and books and assorted other articles. They are not new, not drop shipped. They are the stuff most of us buy and sell, but in QUANTITY. And as mentioned, of the 5,000 plus listed (each month) only about 10 to 15 sell, but as you have said, if it's all automatic once listed it's not such a drag to let it keep repeating.  BUT at some point that listing work had to have been done and the 5,000 items have to be stored, cataloged and asscessible.  Too much for me !

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
I know a person who has a large amount of stuff listed all the time like Movieman described. Not 5000 but still a huge amount and they do roll over and relist so once listed they stay there. Tons of items at 9.99 or 4.99 or even 99 cents. Ugh, I do not see the point in listing cheap crap. The time and effort to list, keep track of, store and eventually ship those items just does not make sense to me. He pays for a large storage warehouse and a couple employees. May work for some people but definitely not my goal.

I usually have around 45-75 listings up at any one time. Well actually we are a couple with two accounts so double that. Sometimes I may go on a relisting old stuff binge and end up with a lot more. Depends on if EBAY throws out a 'list as much as you want for 7 days' offer or whatever.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
Lately I've had about 80-100 listings up at a time although technically ebay says I have around 2000 because all my listings are for multiple items. Just recently my ebay stuff has blown up. Where as before I maybe had 60 transactions a month it's up to almost 500 now. I think in the past 10 days I've done over 150K in sales. I used to hate ebay but these days I'm loving it. I have a partnner though, I dont think I could handle ebay and my fulltime gig by myself.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »
I think in the past 10 days I've done over 150K in sales.

Looks like Travis chose the wrong business. Amazing how those sex pills sell.  ;D

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
Looks like Travis chose the wrong business. Amazing how those sex pills sell.  ;D

lol. of course those numbers sound really nice when it comes down to profits actually much less considering ebay and paypal fees as well as product costs I'm only making a margin on those sales but still moving quite a bit of product. funny you say that i actually reached out to travis a while back seeing if he might wanna partner up and try to make some money together as i think he's fantatic when it comes to marketing and ecommerce and just the internet in general but i know he's got his plate full with the site and his other ventures.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:30:06 PM »
I list thousands of items a month on amazon and ebay.  On ebay I use blackthorne manager pro.    I price to get rid of things fast , rather sell at a lower price than store it more than a month , it cost money to keep things

xx
PODS Vs Regular Storage

Started by heavyw8

12 Replies
Last post February 03, 2011, 06:48:12 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Anyone sell “dollar” items on a regular basis?

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 01:48:33 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
I've been doing this for a while now.. about 2 months really

Started by truedaystar

2 Replies
Last post February 28, 2014, 10:08:46 AM
by MovieMan
xx
it's been six months