Storage Auctions

Joe Paterno

Joe Paterno
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:14 AM »
You all may or may not have heard that the legendary college football coach Joe Paterno died.

I hate to sound like a heartless bastard, but all the Paterno stuff listed on ebay seems to be getting bid up pretty strong. If you guys have anything Paterno or Penn State related, you may want to list it on e-bay now.

I suppose it's something we should all keep in the back of our minds as we sort through our celebrity memorabilia items. It might suck, but death sells.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Joe Paterno
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:51:41 AM »
Uggggghhhhhhh, people and their love for a football coach. I wish I had joe pa stuff to pawn off on people.  If they are foolish to worship a coach who helped harbor a sex offender, they deserve whatever markup people charge or bid up.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:32:48 AM »
This is really sad to say, but just imagine how much that stuff would be worth now if he had died six months ago before all the SHTF?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:07:02 AM »
The one important thing to remember about celebrity death sales is to sell when the iron is hot. Michael Jackson vinyls went from $2 to $20-30 and now back to $2.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who jump on these sorts of heightened sales at the time of a celebrity death.

For me, it's less about Paterno in particular and more about this predictable pattern.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:32:15 AM »
Sorry can't do it !Couldn't do it when Michael Jackson past away either.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »
Sorry can't do it !Couldn't do it when Michael Jackson past away either.

I understand it and respect it.

Still, I think it's an important conversation for us to have, so that each seller can at least be aware of the phenomenon within the resale marketplace.