Storage Auctions

Selling jeans internationally

Selling jeans internationally
« on: March 31, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
I started to think.... I'm having a hard time selling jeans on eBay, and I was wondering if anyone ever sold on eBay on the UK market?  Or Russia ...

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Selling jeans internationally
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
The UK is fine, but I would not sell to Russia. There are tons of scammers out of Russia that buy your stuff, then wait 32 days and file an item not received claim. They then get a full refund and you're out of luck.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
I wonder how the new (for me anyways) global shipping program would handle that.  Just saw / read about it on ebay and may sign up.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »
ebay has a new program called ebay global, not sure if you have to be invited or if its open to everyone but basically you ship your product to an ebay sorting facility and ebay ships the item internationally for you. basically once you get the package in ebays hand which is a domestic shipment they take care of the rest and all the libalility.

sounds like  a really interesting program, i was psyched ot try it out however unfortunately they dont allow my ebay category in the program.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »
ebay has a new program called ebay global, not sure if you have to be invited or if its open to everyone but basically you ship your product to an ebay sorting facility and ebay ships the item internationally for you. basically once you get the package in ebays hand which is a domestic shipment they take care of the rest and all the libalility.

sounds like  a really interesting program, i was psyched ot try it out however unfortunately they dont allow my ebay category in the program.

Ive used it and it works great! The buyer pays for the shipping (& all the other customs requirements) and I just pay to ship it to the distribution center in Kentucky.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »
Ive used it and it works great! The buyer pays for the shipping (& all the other customs requirements) and I just pay to ship it to the distribution center in Kentucky.

I was super excited when I saw this program roll out. Selling internationally opens itup to a whole new set of buyers and certain items sell bettter outside the US than in. My biggest reason not wanting to sell outside the US is people get mad about customs holding packages toolongwhich is out of our control as a seller but they still hold us responsible. I like with this program how once we ship it to ebay its their problem.

Unfortunately my product category isn't eligible for this program :'(

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »

I was super excited when I saw this program roll out. Selling internationally opens itup to a whole new set of buyers and certain items sell bettter outside the US than in. My biggest reason not wanting to sell outside the US is people get mad about customs holding packages toolongwhich is out of our control as a seller but they still hold us responsible. I like with this program how once we ship it to ebay its their problem.

Unfortunately my product category isn't eligible for this program :'(

Luckily, storage auction junk is  :)

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:10 PM »
I know I have better luck with junk then collectables.  Must be the area that I'm in.  Give me junk and it flies off the shelf, give me nice stuff it sits...

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »
Give me junk and it flies off the shelf, give me nice stuff it sits...

Maybe it's all about affordability.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »
if your part of that ebay global program where you ship it to them and then ship it on I'd say go ahead. otherwise its too many problems. people get mad when their own countries customs hold things too long or it takes too long to ship all things that are out of your control. plus more risk for scammers.

xx
Who can top this for selling?

Started by alloro

1 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 10:44:07 AM
by Fayettenam Man
xx
Selling

Started by money4nothing

5 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 05:44:01 PM
by money4nothing
xx
Furniture Selling

Started by DustyPub

9 Replies
Last post February 28, 2011, 10:14:52 PM
by terry
xx
Does your day job have anything to do with buying and selling?

Started by Rufus

1 Replies
Last post April 13, 2015, 08:25:07 PM
by auctionguy