Storage Auctions

The price, is it right?

The price, is it right?
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
I been selling on Ebay for some time now, but not really making a killing.  More like just a poke here and there.  my question is....  drum roll please......  How do you deside on a good starting price????

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: The price, is it right?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »
I been selling on Ebay for some time now, but not really making a killing.  More like just a poke here and there.  my question is....  drum roll please......  How do you deside on a good starting price????

uh....look at eBay completed listings for the same article before publishing yours.  Then decide if you want to start it lower and hope for the same result, or if you want to start it at what the last one sold for. If it doesn't sell, list it again.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »
Great rule of thumb is that the more popular an item is, the lower your starting price should be.  If you look at completed listings and see there have been lots of your item sold, you can garner interest and "watchers" by starting it at a very low price and letting people think they have the chance to get it at a deal.

The converse is also true for the most part.  If your item is a little less in demand or there are few completed listings and those that have sold have only had a few bids, you want to start the auction at closer to the desired final price.

As was stated above, any item you're listing for the first time should be researched first to find what the going rate is and oftentimes this tells you that eBay may not even be the best choice as a selling venue.  I've often done better on craigslist on certain items that eBay is completely overrun with.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
like movieman says...look up the completed auctions selling price and start around there... I've changed my selling on ebay style in the past few years ( yep I'm power & top rated).. I rarely do auctions..seems like there's just not enough viewers anymore..less traffic/less money...SOOOO... I list everything BUY IT NOW... I start with 10-20% over what others have sold for (with buyer paying for shipping Priority the next day shipping,people really like fast ship))... after 7 days I allow them to make an offer, another 7 days I discount it another 10% ( taking the make an offer OFF), another 7 days allow them to make an offer again,,another 7 days 20% off... so after a month you've really only spent way cheaper listing fee and have had way more exposure... then .. have a blow out sale whatever you've had online for the past month,discount the crap out of it,hopefully to break even or make a little profit,get it gone and go on to the next

xx
Is it more advantageous to start an eBay auction at a low price or higher price?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 12:44:21 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
clip
What Price Would You Pay???

Started by elfaacorpp

4 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 06:35:14 PM
by elfaacorpp
xx
You can't put a price on this