Storage Auctions

Typical Ebay Dispute with a Buyer..

Re: Typical Ebay Dispute with a Buyer..
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 09:02:47 AM »
Because he's telling you that he needed a case that was 18" wide and the one you sent is only 17". All that matters here is that you cannot prove the case is the dimensions you listed them to be.

Then, unless YOU can prove the dimensions are exactly as you listed them he will win the dispute, you will eventually have to fully refund him 100% the cost of the item, plus shipping both ways upon the return of the case.

I don't know how many eBay dispute cases you have had to deal with Alloro, but eBay has never forced me to pay the return shipping, they have always stated the buyer has to pay return shipping with tracking to prove they returned it. If the seller chooses to refund the return shipping as well, great but eBay has never even hinted at that in the few cases I have dealt with.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
I don't know how many eBay dispute cases you have had to deal with Alloro, but eBay has never forced me to pay the return shipping, they have always stated the buyer has to pay return shipping with tracking to prove they returned it. If the seller chooses to refund the return shipping as well, great but eBay has never even hinted at that in the few cases I have dealt with.

Yes, I think this is the worst case scenario. I think he will have to pay return shipping, I might have to return his original shipping charges.

If I receive the item and it's damaged from him trying to shove a video projector into it, then he will need to file an insurance claim with the carrier to get his money back.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
they have always stated the buyer has to pay return shipping with tracking to prove they returned it.

If the buyer changed his mind and just wants to return an item, or if he ordered a wrong item then you are correct. If however it is an 'item not as described' case, then it's considered to be a 100% fault on the seller's end and the buyer pays nothing. The buyer might have to initially pay for the return shipping, but if he requests it be included in the refund upon delivery he usually gets it.

Here's a related article from last year. ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2013/2/1360534278.html

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »
If I receive the item and it's damaged from him trying to shove a video projector into it, then he will need to file an insurance claim with the carrier to get his money back.

;)  Wink wink.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 01:57:14 PM »
Here is the eBay policy that covers this: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

When an item doesn't match the listing description

If a buyer receives an item that doesn't match the listing description, the buyer needs to request a return from My eBay. The seller should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, offering a replacement or refund. 

If the buyer doesn't receive a response or solution, or returns the item but doesn't receive a refund or replacement from the seller, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.

If asked to step in and help, we review the item description and any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can't determine that the item matches the listing description, if the seller has already offered a return, or the seller's stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.

When an item is returned to the seller

The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.

The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.

The cost of return shipping is the seller's responsibility. For return of items with a total cost of $750 or more, we require signature confirmation.

The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.

Either we generate a return shipping label or the seller can provide a label. We add the cost of an eBay-generated label to the seller's monthly eBay invoice.

When a return shipping label is made available to the buyer and/or the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won't be refunded by eBay for the cost of the label.

After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping via PayPal. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. When the buyer arranges shipping or picks up the item, we may not refund the cost of original shipping or pickup.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »
The only issue is, the item did match the description..

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »
Alloro you're hilarious, that policy you quoted is not in effect until September 15, 2014, as stated right at the top of the page you linked to, the current policy is linked right below that. Previous eBay Money Back Guarantee - effective through September 14, 2014 Which states that the return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer unless the buyer and seller make other arrangements. So you are correct after the 15th of next month eBay is requiring sellers to pay for return shipping. But as of now it is on the buyer.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 05:14:07 AM »
The only issue is, the item did match the description.

Not according to the buyer and he is the one in possession of the bag, making him the only one that can measure it. You think you measured it correctly, but I'll bet you only roughly measured it, never thinking that an issue like this would come up. Like you said in your earlier post in this thread, airlines are more concerned about the maximum dimensions, so if you measured say 17-1/2" you would've put down 18" just to be safe...right?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 05:23:50 AM »
Alloro you're hilarious,

Did you not read the article I posted the link to that was two posts above the one with the eBay link in it? The one that said eBay started taking return shipping charges out of seller's accounts. I then posted the eBay policy so luke can see how eBay wants to handle these disputes. Also keep in mind that the buyer has not, to our knowledge, filed a claim as of yet. If he knows his stuff and waits until September 15th, what are you going to say then Mr. Chuckles?

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »
Did you not read the article I posted the link to that was two posts above the one with the eBay link in it? The one that said eBay started taking return shipping charges out of seller's accounts. I then posted the eBay policy so luke can see how eBay wants to handle these disputes. Also keep in mind that the buyer has not, to our knowledge, filed a claim as of yet. If he knows his stuff and waits until September 15th, what are you going to say then Mr. Chuckles?

Yes eBay wants to handle things a certain way, but with these new changes they willl lose even more casual sellers and all they will be is a place to get cheap chinese crap.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 10:37:09 AM »
Let's be civil here guys. It's a forum. People will have varying opinions. Regardless of whether you disagree with another member, you can still be respectful.

Give  :victory: a chance.

Luke, if you would, let us know when eBay makes a decision. I'm curious to see how this works out.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »

I have a 14 day return policy, if he waited until then, he will surely of missed out.  But he filed the dispute, it will go to eBay for arbitration and we'll see what the outcome.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »
Yes eBay wants to handle things a certain way, but with these new changes they willl lose even more casual sellers and all they will be is a place to get cheap chinese crap.

I think the Chinese will stop selling to be honest, because if they have to pay return shipping back to china, it won't cost under $2 like it does for them to ship to the US.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »
I have a 14 day return policy, if he waited until then, he will surely of missed out. 

Yes and no. Don't you just love it when people say that. :)
Yes after 14-days he would've missed the return window for reasons like he bought the wrong one, or the color wasn't quite was he was expecting, buyer's remorse, etc. However, for an item not as described I believe he has 45 days, which might've or is about to be changed to 30 days.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
It's sad that ebay has become what it has become but I've learned basically to treat every listing like I"m selling it to a retarded 6 year old and go into great detail about any little problem or miscommunication there could possibly be because there are some bad buyers like this may be who will specifically target cheap items with fairly expensive in relationto the product shipping knowing if they complain it's oftentimes more costly to take the item back. You also have the not sketchy but just stupid people who don't read or who will make up issues just because they are picky.

On one of my accounts I'm allowed to charge up to a 20% restocking fee which is nice as that will typically cover shipping and any fees out of my pocket, in most scenarios if I get a return I actually profit.

I recently however had a crappy one. I was selling something used. Description was very detailed as were photos however ebay sided with buyer because I didn't have the word used in the title? THey give you so little space and your search ranking is based almost entirely on title and you want me to waste that valuable title space to put used when I could more accurately describe things in the desciption

xx
Strange EBAY dispute resolution

Started by dbr831

11 Replies
Last post February 25, 2016, 12:15:22 AM
by EdwardThirlwall
xx
eBay buyer Protection!!!!!

Started by Jumpinomega

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 07:07:57 PM
by Jumpinomega
xx
Nice "Feedback" from an eBay Buyer

Started by MovieMan

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 05:40:58 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Has anyone ever had to hire an attorney over a dispute with a storage facility?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 11:18:20 PM
by MovieMan