Storage Auctions

Typical Ebay Dispute with a Buyer..

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
Re: Typical Ebay Dispute with a Buyer..
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
I still don't know the outcome yet, I'm not even sure he escalated the case to ebay. Every day now I check, hoping I can just hit the close button on the case for the owner not responding to the last message sent.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:35 AM »
I still don't know the outcome yet, I'm not even sure he escalated the case to ebay. Every day now I check, hoping I can just hit the close button on the case for the owner not responding to the last message sent.

Yeah sometimes you luck out and if buyer doesn't respond the case just gets dropped I think.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »
I have to wait 30 days before I can close this case, buyer has not escalated it yet..

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
I have to wait 30 days before I can close this case, buyer has not escalated it yet..

Has he left feedback yet?

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 11:44:54 AM »
Gotta be honest, this whole scenario is just ridiculous. You're never going to grow your business wasting time on petty issues like this. Even if you're right, arguing back and forth with the buyer is going to get you nowhere, especially over an $11.99 item. The buyer wasn't being totally unreasonable, either. Next time, clearly state your return policies and give the buyer the refund.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 12:14:52 PM »
Gotta be honest, this whole scenario is just ridiculous. You're never going to grow your business wasting time on petty issues like this. Even if you're right, arguing back and forth with the buyer is going to get you nowhere, especially over an $11.99 item. The buyer wasn't being totally unreasonable, either. Next time, clearly state your return policies and give the buyer the refund.

It's not a business, I'm trying to grow, it's a hobby.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 04:13:55 PM »

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
This request was automatically closed because the maximum amount of time a request can remain open has been reached. You don't need to do anything else. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

I guess I win, by him not escalating the issue, he was trying to scam me to get a FREE item at my expense. He didn't want to give up the item, he just wanted it for FREE.

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 11:00:56 PM »
I feel that it is really unfair that there is such a dispute option of “Item not as described” which buyers often take advantage of to their fullest benefit. Sometimes they just use that as an excuse to get a full refund for things that they do not need or want after they have received them. I know the protection policy is there to prevent any unfair transactions, but sellers are the ones being treated unfairly instead. For my previous posting of storage boxes, I measured them manually by hand and ensured they were exactly as described.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 11:19:19 PM »
I feel that it is really unfair that there is such a dispute option of “Item not as described” which buyers often take advantage of to their fullest benefit.

Come again...are you being serious? I've had at least a dozen times over the past 10 or so years where I received an item that was nothing like what was in the ad. After first going back to the seller and being told basically "too bad, it's close enough" I'll escalate my complaint to eBay. I've even had a couple with the balls to tell me I have to pay return shipping and then they'll only refund the cost of the item and not shipping in either direction...for their error.

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 04:45:26 AM »
I am truly pleased to read this website posts which carries lots of helpful data, thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.

xx
Strange EBAY dispute resolution

Started by dbr831

11 Replies
Last post February 25, 2016, 12:15:22 AM
by EdwardThirlwall
xx
eBay buyer Protection!!!!!

Started by Jumpinomega

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 07:07:57 PM
by Jumpinomega
xx
Nice "Feedback" from an eBay Buyer

Started by MovieMan

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 05:40:58 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Has anyone ever had to hire an attorney over a dispute with a storage facility?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 11:18:20 PM
by MovieMan