Storage Auctions

What's the worst feedback you've ever read on eBay?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
What's the worst feedback you've ever read on eBay?
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »
Have you ever read feedback on eBay that was so brutal you just had to say Daaaaaaang!

If so, what did it say?

Also, what do you think is the most damaging thing a buyer can say about a seller in feedback?

Re: What's the worst feedback you've ever read on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
I've got a little 'feedback' for you Travis. If you're going to keep thinking up random questions to turn into forum topics, at least give an example/story behind the question you are posing. I'm tired of opening up a thread you've started where the main body is the same as the title. What gives!  :41:

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:05:36 PM »
You know, it's easy to criticize people until you have to walk in their shoes. When the forum is slow, I do my best to come up with new topics to keep the conversation going. If you think that's an easy task, then I challenge you to come up with 1 new topic a day for 30 days. (Keep in mind, I've been been doing it for 2 years now.) Then, you might have a greater appreciation for my "random questions." Bet you won't complete the challenge.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »
Read it and weep: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alisher71

You'll likely have to copy and paste that link. The redirect message this site displays as of late seems to mess with the clickability of the link.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:59:03 PM »
The redirect message this site displays as of late seems to mess with the clickability of the link.

I think your URL just got cut off. I just posted an even longer eBay URL and it worked fine.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
I think your URL just got cut off. I just posted an even longer eBay URL and it worked fine.

There's nothing wrong with the link. If you click on it it doesn't work, but if you cut and paste it into a browser it works just fine. The problem is here with this website and how it's been handling external links.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the link. If you click on it it doesn't work, but if you cut and paste it into a browser it works just fine. The problem is here with this website and how it's been handling external links.

Hmmm, that is strange. Here's the difference

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alisher71 
feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alisher71

It ads the amp; to outbound links. I added a few links to other websites, and there were no issues with the amp; being in the URL. (Including links to other eBay pages.) Perhaps it's something to do with the coding on eBay profile pages.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
It ads the amp; to outbound links.

I don't get the amp, I end up at: http://pages.ebay.com/messages/page_not_responding.html?eBayErrorEventName=p4e%60ccadel%60jtb9%3Fvo%7B2d71f%2B%7Ein3wg2t%7E7-2014.10.22.13.18.30.162.MST

Also, it used to be that clicking a link opened a new tab or window. Now when I click a link, in the same window it takes me to the redirect message page, then away from this site and to the website link I just clicked. It's not a good idea to be taking people away from this site like that.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 11:59:12 PM »
Wow, that was pretty amazing. Hopefully karma took care of that seller.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 07:47:13 AM »
I only have one negative feedback on my ebay accounts but its for a BS reason. You know how when you sell "lots" of an item you show everything in a photo but the listing is only for a certain quantity. FOr example say an auction like 10 mixed lots coins from around the world or something like that I may take a pic of a table full of coins though listing description and title will say you get 10 coins. Had a buyer complained he thought he was getting everything in the pic and left bad feedback.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »
The redirect message this site displays as of late seems to mess with the clickability of the link.

The redirect has been removed.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
The redirect has been removed.

Imagine that, clicking the link works perfect now! :P

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »
travis, i think youre doing a great job. this is probably the ONLY storage auction forum online that has a little action. when people are looking for this the're gonna look for recent posts and if they dont see many they are gonna be on their way.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
travis, i think youre doing a great job. this is probably the ONLY storage auction forum online that has a little action. when people are looking for this they're gonna look for recent posts and if they dont see many they are gonna be on their way.

I appreciate that. I do my best to keep this forum moving for you guys so you have some fresh things to read/talk about every time you visit. Auction forums in general don't get a lot of activity, with the exception of eBay related forums like Power Sellers Unite. Just Google "auction forums" and check them out. Most auction forums are stagnant. I'd say we're doing pretty good though, our forum which is just about storage auctions is larger than AuctionZip's entire forum which covers all auction topics.

Offline MarkSindone

• You Can Always Try Harder
    • View Profile
    • Supercheap Storage Inner West
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 10:19:08 PM »
Lots of angst on this forum thread.. Anyway, I don't have samples of bad feedback on eBay to share. I kinda just read 'em and right them off. Best not to hold in all that bad blood. Part and parcel of doing things anyway. Sometimes you just don't make deadlines and you happen to be dealing with an ass who doesn't cut you slack.

xx
MUST READ!!! Be Careful How You Respond To Ebay Messages

Started by rulesforrebels

2 Replies
Last post October 12, 2013, 09:56:53 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
What's Your Worst eBay Horror Story ?

Started by MovieMan

11 Replies
Last post August 08, 2013, 10:37:32 PM
by jwaccardi