Storage Auctions

What is the best DAY to begin an eBay auction?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
What is the best DAY to begin an eBay auction?
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
Personally, I've never paid much attention to this though I know some do.

Here's my approach. I start an auction on Sunday at 5:30 pm (see other thread for time considerations) and I only list one item. The next one begins at the same time on Monday. From there on it's one a day right through the following Saturday.

I like to do this because it has an item ending each day. Whether the item sells or not is another matter.

Someone said to me, "You'll be going to the post office (or ups) everyday !"  No, they don't all pay on time. There's very little you can do to affect that timing. 

In fact there are days when I ship nothing. Other days I might take 4 items to ship.

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
Re: What is the best DAY to begin an eBay auction?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »
Here's what I got from the web:

Daily peak visitor-ship is between 8:00 PM eastern time and 10:00 PM pacific time.

Typically, Sunday is considered the best day to end an auction followed closed by Saturday and then Friday.

- When I was really into reselling, I tried to make sure the sale ended on Sunday night. Most people work weekdays which then would allow them an opportunity to bid on my item if it was still up during the weekend.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:45 PM »
Here's what I got from the web:

Daily peak visitor-ship is between 8:00 PM eastern time and 10:00 PM pacific time.

Typically, Sunday is considered the best day to end an auction followed closed by Saturday and then Friday.

- When I was really into reselling, I tried to make sure the sale ended on Sunday night. Most people work weekdays which then would allow them an opportunity to bid on my item if it was still up during the weekend.

depending upon the category you sell in peak times could be very differnet. video games is probably younger people, baby clothe are stay at home moms so probably during the day, etc

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »
Another thing to consider is how many people are bidding using the mobile app and autobid settings. This trend concerns me because I think it gives people the chance to bid and win items without fully reviewing the photos and description. It's time to start using that condition box to accurately describe your item instead of putting it in the down in the listing. I've got a hunch people are not reading the full description and just bidding by title, first photo, & condition box. Then if it ain't perfect they zing you on "item not as described." The last report I read said that 40% of my sales (final bid) on Ebay were from the mobile app (smart phones).

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »
Another thing to note is that Fixed Price style listings are now free as well. You can have a fixed price sale for 30 days and have best offer included for free. So price it what you want and let it go. I've been having steady sales like this for the past month or so because of this as my auctions were set at a much larger starting amount close to what they were selling already on ebay.

I'm not paying for the store feature and basically have a mini ebay store. Especially when ebay is constantly running specials where you can list as much as you want in certain windows. The 50 free a month has been working fine for me (I'm a part timer).

xx
What do you think is the best time for an eBay auction to begin ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
Let the assumptions begin

Started by money4nothing

4 Replies
Last post November 21, 2012, 03:30:56 AM
by money4nothing
xx
Craigslist Flakes...Let the 2013 Flake Count Begin