Storage Auctions

Anybody?

Offline jimbo

Anybody?
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:34:06 AM »
Anybody have a set up at a flea market?? I was curious as to how that goes.

catrone83

Re: Anybody?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:29:33 PM »
I have thought about this as way to sell my stuff once I get started! It helps that there is one right down the road from me!

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
USed to do it but the good flea market shut down.  Mixed results made from a couple hundred to about $1500 in one day at the flea market.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
Yep, the flea is one of three ways I make money; flea, eBay, Craigslist. I don't do garage sales because I sell at the flea every Saturday. A flea will get more foot traffic than a garage sale...at least that's my opinion and seems reasonable assumption for most areas...your area may be different....and if there's no flea market, then garage sale is the only way to go!

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
I usually set up at the flea about 4 times a year. Anywhere from $150 to $900. Depends on what you have, the weather, and how your stuff is priced

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
Flea markets totally very. Some are mainly antiques and stuff I find boring while others are knives and other cool stuff you dont need but always buy, bootlet colognes, movies, etc.

Some are indoor some are outdoor some are both. Some are mostly just normal people selling stuff in their garage while other flea markets its people with full blown stores set up inside.

My fav one is a more informal outdoor one however since were in winter I go to a large indoor one outside of Chicago. Kind of a ghetto crowd, hard to move stuff in and out of, kinda a far drive for me it does the job though.

Offline terry

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
Anybody have a set up at a flea market?? I was curious as to how that goes.
Jimbo you are in atlanta area? 2 week end and one that just found this week. 7am to 7pm 7 days a week for free till summer. Need help getting traffic to southside.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »
I'm in the ATL also. Heading up to the Pendergrass indoor flea market off 85N this weekend to check it out. On their website the say a 10x10 lockable space rents for $55. for a Sat/Sun. Thats not a bad deal for an indoor space. Up here in Marietta the only other fleas are outdoor and off Hwy 41 in Acworth and IMHO very nasty. Not where I want to set up.........Anyone know of any good indoor fleas up north? (Marietta, Woodstock, Canton, Cartersville, anywhere up Ga 400 like Alpharetta, Cummng, Buford etc)

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
@ Ironman,

I don't know how far north you are willing to drive, but I hear the Summerville Ga. flea market on tuesday is real good, and several of the guys from my area are having success at the flea market in Dalton Ga. I think I am going to try the one in Dalton in the next couple of weeks. The flea market near me is not generating the level of income I would be happy with making over a weekend. Both of those flea markets are mainly outdoors.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 10:46:30 PM »
One of the biggest suggestions that I was given before I tried a flea market was to not sell what everyone else is selling.  Do have the items that others are selling, but also have a niche of your own.  On top of having your own niche, research it and have as much knowledge as you can for the customers.

My niche at the flea market I set up at late last year was cb radio equipment and sports cards, and those are what made my most profit.  I have been in the cb radio business for 6 years and have been into sports card collecting/trading/selling since the early 90's.

Another great suggestion I was given was to do hands on research of the flea market you are going to set up at.  Make a few trips to the flea market a few times before you set up.  See what all is available for sale and what a lot of people are actually buying, what times of day the most traffic is there, and what areas have the most traffic.  Also, take notes.  Not only while you are researching, but while you are selling.  If you can't go to the flea market yourself, have a friend or family member go check it out for you.

Remember it is kind of hit and miss on what sales and when it sales.  The more you know the better you will do.