Storage Auctions

First weekend of the month.

First weekend of the month.
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »
So who all are hitting up the flea this weekend?  I'm going to try something new and hit the twice a year yard sale/flea market at our local army fort.  I will either make a good amount of money or be flat broke.  Fee was $45 for a drive-up spot.  They have 320 spots for sale and I think they are sold out.  I'll be doing some picking I'm sure while I'm there.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: First weekend of the month.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
Sounds like a good flea for shopping and selling.

As for me it would be UNUSUAL if I wasn't selling on a Saturday.  This Sat will be #394 for me in the 8 years and 4 months I have been buying lockers.

I usually take off about 4 to 8 Saturdays a year for two longer trips and some shorter ones.

Today, Friday the 4th of May, a new flea opened about 20 miles away. I shopped it. Only about 40 vendors including some who sell where I do on Saturday, but nice to see a new scene and will watch to see if it takes off. I have thought of selling one more day a week but haven't done that in about 6 years so might be hard to get back to it.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »
Will be hitting the Sunday Flea Market this weekend to off load the stuff that I don't like to sell in the store. I have some stuff that isn't moving from the store that is going as well. I never look forward to the early morning (I am not a morning person) but this is the best weekend to get rid of stuff.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:08:34 AM »
Daughter and I tried a new swap-meet tonite!

It is held every Friday night from 4pm -10pm. Very large crowd, Space $15 for a 20X20. Tables rent for 4 bucks each....I know, I know, I gotta get new tables!

I took a small amount of inventory because I decided to go only this afternoon so I did not have hubby leave the truck at home. I had every nook and cranny stuffed in my Crown Vic! We kinda looked like my parents when they came to Cali from Arkansas during the Dust Bowl! Daughter was horribly embarrassed which made it even better. ;D

We did okay - $105 after expenses. Cleared out most of the smalls and a fair amount of that bedding. The rest will go to Goodwill on Monday. We packed up and left at dusk because I did not bring the Easy-Up or lights but next time we will stay for entire time as things really started to pick up around 7pm.

All in all a very nice evening and I am now guilt free to attend the Gun Show tomorrow morning and the Rodeo in the evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:22:22 AM »
Good luck Craig sounds like a good place to be.

Surpassing selling this weekend.  :'(

Not prepared and having to address some life things.  ::) And a 40% chance of rain today.

Next weekend will also be a bust do to obligations with Family for Mothers Day.

Want be a total loss, we are going to re-look at shop space. Looks like a nice antique mall may have changed its policies and hopefully its pricing.

We still have not solved our thrift issue. Our stuff not selling and the place has gone down in quality. Looks like junk. We have slowly been pulling stuff and getting it sold very slowly.

So good luck everyone should be a good weekend to sell.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
Well it wasn't my best return for a saturday but it wasn't bad.  Only $100 after the $45 spot fee.  Good thing was I moved a bunch of "old" inventory that had been sitting.  So cloths, books, household goods all sold.  A few coins, CDs, and games which are my main biggie at the normal flea were only so/so.  Biggest sell was a $10 box fan (new at walmart $14.95).  Since the place had no electricity I didn't think it would sell.  Guess when I could prove it worked the guy wanted it (love solar + batteries).

Talked with a number of people from the local flea (vendors and buyers) that I saw and they said it was dead out there.  Guess with all the events going on around town it drew too much of the crowds away.

I would love a Friday night sell like that bulldogmom.  And $15 for a 20x20 is a super buy.  I have plenty of tables, large items, and a cloths rack could fill that spot up with.

Place I'm at advertises they are open on Friday but it's mostly just vendors out there to restock for the weekend.

xx
This is the Month guys

Started by parksleyman

9 Replies
Last post June 30, 2013, 08:13:10 PM
by parksleyman
xx
How many units do you buy a month?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2014, 10:51:34 AM
by Alias300
xx
How many eBay transactions do you have each month?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post April 29, 2014, 06:59:56 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Another busy month ahead

Started by Mr Andersen

18 Replies
Last post January 31, 2011, 11:33:41 PM
by MovieMan