Storage Auctions

Flea Market Flip !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Flea Market Flip !
« on: May 22, 2013, 10:19:59 AM »
If you sell at a flea market you are competing against many other vendors, but on this tv show the producers put two teams at work buying, converting and then SELLING the goods and they are competing against each other just a space or two away to get the most bank for their original investment bucks.

Check it out....you might get some re-purposing ideas !  ;D

http://www.hgtv.com/flea-market-flip/show/index.html

Re: Flea Market Flip !
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
I've seen the show. Great for repurposing ideas. It's entertaining.. but just like any other show, you have to be curious about those prices they're getting!

Offline MTP

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
I watched that non-sense once.

Just as staged as all the other garbage sold as 'Reality TV'.

They bought a beat up picture frame for $125, put a mirror in it, painted it and sold it for $500 without even asking a price. The buyer just walked up and 'offered" $500 just like that.

That damn thing you would have a hard time selling here for $20 no matter how nice.

Not saying it CAN'T be done,but it's completely obviously staged.

The popularity of some of these so called reality shows really shows you the state of dumbing doen we are in as a nation.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:28:04 PM »

That damn thing you would have a hard time selling here for $20 no matter how nice.

Yep, markets vary in what will sell and what won't.

In pointing out this tv show I was trying to encourage people to get IDEAS about how items could be re-purposed or spruced up.

Only an individual working with such items and taking into account what they might go for in his/her area can decide if the effort is worth the return. One has to discount the TV show aspect significantly.

Offline MTP

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »
I agree on the repurposing aspect MM.

Just like on storage wars texas that ditsy chick always repuroses something and then they claim: paid $75 - asking price $275 = $200 profit.

A) asking price is not a SOLD price
B) is her time worthless? some of the projects seem elaborat and likely take 20 hours or more.

Oh well, it's all fun and games :)

xx
Local antique market sponsered a free parking lot flea market

Started by Ironman

3 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 07:34:17 AM
by Ironman
xx
Flea Market Auction ?

Started by House of Treasures

5 Replies
Last post March 09, 2014, 08:43:04 PM