Storage Auctions

Haitian people ar flea markets, suck

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Haitian people ar flea markets, suck
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »

Sorry, Cobia, but if it is a choice between bigotry and intolerance or compassion I’ll stick with the Kumbaya.

From the guy who has single handedly caused more people to leave this forum do to his constant fighting, antagonizing, and cyber-stalking?  :o

It's easy to be Politically Correct on the popular buzz issues, but to claim a tolerant and compassionate personality it must show in everything you do.

Since we are "labeling", here is one for you:

Cyberbully

Cyberbullying is defined in legal glossaries as
actions that use information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harm another or others.
use of communication technologies for the intention of harming another person
use of internet service and mobile technologies such as web pages and discussion groups as well as instant messaging or SMS text messaging with the intention of harming another person.
Examples of what constitutes cyberbullying include communications that seek to intimidate, control, manipulate, put down, falsely discredit, or humiliate the recipient. The actions are deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior intended to harm another. Cyberbullying has been defined by The National Crime Prevention Council: “When the Internet, cell phones or other devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person."[2][3]
A cyberbully may be a person whom the target knows or an online stranger. A cyberbully may be anonymous and may solicit involvement of other people online who do not even know the target. This is known as a 'digital pile-on.'[4]  :-*

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

From the guy who has single handedly caused more people to leave this forum do to his constant fighting, antagonizing, and cyber-stalking? 

It's easy to be Politically Correct on the popular buzz issues, but to claim a tolerant and compassionate personality it must show in everything you do.

Really?

Please show me the empirical evidence that I single-handedly caused more people to leave this forum due to constant fighting, antagonizing and cyber-stalking?  I think that would be pretty hard to do.  Did people like Rockintheretro, moneyfornothin, Drew, jrossjr89, craiglstauction, monkeybusiness, acman, leota, storme leave because I cyber-stalked them or otherwise intimidated them?  My guess is that the bulk of the people I mentioned above (if not all) left the forum because they just got tired of the business or the forum (or both).

On the other hand at least one member here called me by name (my real name, not my screen name) and from what I could tell that information came from here not from anywhere else…and I wasn’t the one who provided it.

Just because I took the time to find out the eBay user names and view the Craigslist listings of members here doesn’t mean I was (or am) stalking them. I have never released any of that information to anyone either here or anywhere else.

The information I gained about those people was all freely posted by those people right here on the forum. Sure, I put the pieces together where other people might not have had an interest in doing so, but it was only to learn some new things about listing on eBay/Craigslist from people who are having success with one or other or both. I have also learned things not to do in my listings.

If I call out Travis for not fulfilling the terms of an offer he made about posting in a certain area you can be sure it was not uncalled for.  If I challenge Alloro for something he says I do so because I feel it is called for…just as you are doing here in regard to me. I don’t ask you to justify it, you don’t need to..it is something one decides to do for any number of reasons.

If I pay you (or, anyone else, a compliment), and I have paid YOU compliments on a fairly regular basis, I do so because I think it is deserved.

Due to the nature of your response above, maybe you think I was calling YOU a bigot or  intolerant, but that was not the case. I told p…man that he was entitled to his opinion and you are too. I have no problem with that. I still think it is wrong of anyone to lump an entire group of people together and attribute some aspect to them. I believe this not because it is politically correct, but just because it is correct (imo).

Let the entire community judge for itself. They don’t have to defend me or you or anyone mentioned. They can just make their own judgements about each person and react or not react in any way they feel appropriate.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »
The actions are deliberate, repeated,

Oh my, kind of like when a certain unnamed individual repeatedly brings up a remark I once made over my highway speed habits? So it's "The National Crime Prevention Council" that deals with this sort of thing? Hmm, interesting, I'll have to make a note of that.  ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 11:09:49 PM »
So it's "The National Crime Prevention Council" that deals with this sort of thing? Hmm, interesting, I'll have to make a note of that.  ;)

This is the funniest thing you've said in two months !  ;D

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »
Our fearless leader is noticeably absent in the best thread discussion since his reign of terror began. Since the chances of him not seeing this thread are literally zero, that must mean he supports the OP in some indirect way. What will bring him out of hiding? Shots at his other business ventures? Talking about his competition? Of course the guard dog has been doing a good job in here with stellar remarks about everyone having an opinion. Everyone can think for themselves? Really?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
Our fearless leader is noticeably absent in the best thread discussion since his reign of terror began. Since the chances of him not seeing this thread are literally zero, that must mean he supports the OP in some indirect way. What will bring him out of hiding? Shots at his other business ventures? Talking about his competition? Of course the guard dog has been doing a good job in here with stellar remarks about everyone having an opinion. Everyone can think for themselves? Really?

I have my feelings on why Travis hasn't said a word in this thread, but I'll let him explain himself (or not).

As to shots at his other business ventures, I've expressed myself often in the past about online storage auctions in general and anyone who has been around awhile knows I don't think they are a viable way of buying lockers.

If I am the "guard dog" you mention making stellar remarks about everyone having an opinion consider this:
If one says something here and claims it is the ONLY way to look at something there are SOME readers who will take it as "the truth and nothing but". There are some people who CAN'T think for themselves and my feeling is they at least should be prodded to do so.

One thing that I believe is true is something F....man mentioned a few weeks ago. We are so hard up for something new to talk about here (that truly relates to storage auctions and buying/selling merchandise) that any semi-controversial subject lends itself to at least SOME discussion. The TV shows are slowly on their way out; perhaps all things associated are as well.

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

If I am the "guard dog" you mention making stellar remarks about everyone having an opinion consider this:

I thought it would be more obvious that was directed at alloro, although to be fair his intelligent assessment of people having opinions was made a few posts back. The ''guard dog'' reference to imply that Travis seems to be letting him handle this one, since he has been dully noted to be absent from this thread.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »
I thought it would be more obvious that was directed at alloro

I'm just trying to keep things civil and fair to all.

Just an FYI, your "guard dog" remark is technically name calling and a personal attack. This is a violation of the TOS for this site and if I were to follow your path of trying to impose my way of thinking on others I would be required to delete your post.  ::)

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
Just an FYI, your "guard dog" remark is technically name calling and a personal attack. This is a violation of the TOS for this site and if I were to follow your path of trying to impose my way of thinking on others I would be required to delete your post.  ::)

It wouldn't be the first (or second/third) time my posts were deleted, but then again this thread seems to be protected under some kind of immunity.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
It wouldn't be the first (or second/third) time my posts were deleted, but then again this thread seems to be protected under some kind of immunity.

While a forum owner can do what he/she wants, I'm not aware of any governing body that can tell a website what to do in regard to posts, language, opinions, attitudes, etc.

I declined Travis' offer to be a forum moderator because I wanted to be able to speak my mind and not make decisions on my own (or with his help) about what should fly and what shouldn't.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »
I'm just trying to keep things civil and fair to all.

I have started a thread inquiring about the TOS. It is located at the link below.

http://storageauctionforums.com/suggestion-center/terms-of-service-(tos)-for-this-website/msg30769/#msg30769

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27:53 PM »
I have started a thread inquiring about the TOS. It is located at the link below.

Why, what's your point?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
Why, what's your point?

What's my point?   Understanding, is my point.

Most people who sign up for forums (or other online types of things) simply push the accept button and
don't even read what they are agreeing to.

By providing it somewhere other than the initial contact people can have a greater understanding of the TOS.

In the thread I started where I did the cut and paste of the TOS I will post some observations and questions about it.

I assume it is all right to pose questions to have a greater understanding?  If not, please let me know in this thread as a response to this post.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »
I assume it is all right to pose questions to have a greater understanding? 

Well of course it's alright, you just usually have a motive for doing something so I was being proactive in asking if there was a point to your inquiry.

xx
Different flea markets are different.

Started by VinceRN

16 Replies
Last post March 18, 2012, 08:14:30 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
How do you price clothing at flea markets?

Started by rulesforrebels

15 Replies
Last post January 28, 2012, 12:03:46 PM
by stxredneck
xx
Do you have indoor flea markets in your area?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 01:13:49 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
How prevalent are “hot” items at your flea markets?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 05:29:06 PM
by fredgsanford