Storage Auctions

Haitian people ar flea markets, suck

Haitian people ar flea markets, suck
« on: July 21, 2013, 09:02:47 AM »
Yesterday at the flea market went good, mad some money, donated some stuff, which equals to moving it.
When the haitian people come, it sucks, they will steal you blind.  I lost what little respect I had for them. 

Re: Haitian people ar flea markets, suck
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:15:43 PM »
actually stole property, or haggled you down to nothing?

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »
They will steal from you. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
They will steal from you.

Every last one of them?  Are there no good Haitian people?

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »
This crap gets to stay up for months degrading a whole nationality of people when any backhanded comment gets deleted? This forum needs some help  :-[

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »
We are swamped with them on the shore, and yes I don't rust them.  Have you ever been to the islands?  They will rip-off an American as fast as the speed of sound.  It's only my opinion  but  they all can go back…

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
  It's only my opinion  but  they all can go back…

You are certainly entitled to your opinion; in expressing this opinion you have joined those who over many decades have expressed similiar opinions about the following groups and more that I don't even know about.

Jews
Blacks
Irish
Pakistanis
Arabs
Chinese
Japanese
Mexicans
American Indians
Catholics
Latter Day Saints
Republicans
Democrats
Gays
Lesbians
Oakies
Hippies
Bums

etc, etc.

It's too bad that there is so much animosity toward our fellow men and women. These are the kinds of attitudes that sometimes lead to wars and sometimes mass killings of people because they are different.

There are bad people among all groups and good people exist there too.

It is my opinion that individuals should be judged, not groups of people by their race, nationality or creed.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
This crap gets to stay up for months degrading a whole nationality of people

Did you report the post, or just complain of it's existence?
Is the post accurate, meaning do Haitian people always steal from him like he said, or is he simply exaggerating?
If true, has it happened repeatedly, or was it a one time theft?

Just because someone generalizes a particular group of people doesn't mean he's wrong. Personally I wasn't there and don't know what did or did not happen, but he was there and did say what happened to him. So instead of believing one of our registered members, a few decided to defend some nameless strangers that could very well be guilty of the theft as claimed? Now there's some backwards thinking IMHO.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 02:39:25 PM »
Did you report the post, or just complain of it's existence?
Is the post accurate, meaning do Haitian people always steal from him like he said, or is he simply exaggerating?
If true, has it happened repeatedly, or was it a one time theft?

Just because someone generalizes a particular group of people doesn't mean he's wrong. Personally I wasn't there and don't know what did or did not happen, but he was there and did say what happened to him. So instead of believing one of our registered members, a few decided to defend some nameless strangers that could very well be guilty of the theft as claimed? Now there's some backwards thinking IMHO.

Generalizing a group of people to begin with is wrong. Who cares if he is exaggerating or if its happened repeatedly? That's like asking why didn't he word this topic differently, like why do people steal? What can I do to stop getting stolen from?

Am I Haitian? No. Am I offended? No. But that doesn't mean its not offensive just because we don't have a single Haitian member. No one is defending 'nameless strangers' just stating the obvious. Like if instead of being insulting, this thread was about storagebattles or SUAL.com, it would of been deleted within 24 hours of its creation.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
Generalizing a group of people to begin with is wrong.

It's wrong in YOUR opinion, not his. By saying it's wrong you are essentially saying that he cannot have HIS opinion because yours is the only correct one. IF the only people to steal off his table were Haitian, then his remark is both accurate and valid. Certain posts that make reference to storagebattles.com have been deleted for either legal reasons or because they were spam like in nature. There are many topics on this site regarding storagebattles.com. I don't know what sual.com is, so I can't comment on that one.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
I don't know what sual.com is, so I can't comment on that one.

SUAL=storage unit auction list

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
SUAL=storage unit auction list

Ahh, got it, thanks.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
I lived in Florida and sold at the Thunderbird flea market. It is a fact that Haitians will steal off your tables dis-proportionally more than many other ethnic groups. Does this mean ALL Haitians steal? No. Does this mean ALL Haitians who shop at flea markets steal? No.

From my experience, Haitians who steal tend to be very bold about it, they don't have much of a problem walking off with something while you are looking them in the eye. Sure all kinds of people steal, but they tend to do it when your back is turned and your not really sure who done it, so it stands out in your mind more when Haitians do it compared to those who sneakily steal something and your not sure who it was.

Does that mean Latvians don't steal and we are just picking on Haitians? No, if I had a problem with ethnic Latvians stealing off my tables I would mention that too!

Haitians also tend to be very aggressive bargainers that most Americans are not use to dealing with.

For those of you who have never lived with and encountered large groups of Haitians, especially those who were refugees, you should give those of us who have a little credit and step down from the politically correct, kumbayah soap box.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »

For those of you who have never lived with and encountered large groups of Haitians, especially those who were refugees, you should give those of us who have a little credit and step down from the politically correct, kumbayah soap box.

The song Kumbaya was originally associated with human and spiritual unity, closeness and compassion, and it still is, but more recently it is also cited or alluded to in satirical or cynical ways which suggest false moralizing, hypocrisy, or naively optimistic views of the world and human nature.

Bigotry….

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with fear, distrust, hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Sorry, Cobia, but if it is a choice between bigotry and intolerance or compassion I’ll stick with the Kumbaya.

That said, NEWBIES in the storage locker business should all be hung out to dry…or shipped out to Haiti.   ;D

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »
It is a fact that Haitians will steal off your tables dis-proportionally more than many other ethnic groups.

There's no way you can make a statement like this and back it up by calling it a fact. An example of a fact would be; Tallahassee is the capitol of Florida. Not that X Racial group will steal more than any other.

xx
Different flea markets are different.

Started by VinceRN

16 Replies
Last post March 18, 2012, 08:14:30 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
How prevalent are “hot” items at your flea markets?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 05:29:06 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
Pirated Movies at Flea Markets

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post October 10, 2013, 03:42:18 PM
by Travis
xx
Thrift Stores and Flea Markets