Storage Auctions

How often do you sell at a flea market?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
How often do you sell at a flea market?
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »
Aside from Clist and eBay the flea market is my main outlet so I sell there frequently....about 48 out of 52 weekends a year.

I sell mostly collectibles, but some everyday items too. Lately I have been getting some "imports" (Made in China) in bulk and am trying them out as well. I don't sell any furniture larger than a baby's high chair, so chests of drawers, mattresses, etc are out, as are pots and pans unless they expensive ones....old burned ones go to the dump or Goodwill.

When was the last time you sold an iron with a burned surface? I see them at my flea but I don't know why.

You?

Re: How often do you sell at a flea market?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
im just the opposite , i bring nothing but crap to the market and sell all the junk you would probably throw out

Im not sure how many days ill be going this year but in the past couple years ive gone every sunday it hasnt rained between first weekend in march and christmas eve 40 days minus rainouts

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
im just the opposite , i bring nothing but crap to the market and sell all the junk you would probably throw out

A fellow flea seller (and former auction buyer) once told me..."You throw away more than I buy."  To my credit I was only throwing away a certain amount; much of it went to Goodwill because I didn't want to deal with it. Also, I SOLD that kind of stuff CHEAP to that fellow and several other sellers when they were around to buy it.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 11:59:16 PM »
I am there EVERY Sunday rain, shine, sleet, or snow (provided the roads are clear).  there are always a few die hards there sometime days like that are the days you can get some awesome stuff for cheap as people are afraid they wasted a trip if they don't sell it.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »
Last week end I took a load of stuff the flea market, and did rather well.  If someone is going to ask the price on something they must want it.   I sure don’t, so the variable is dollars, their dollars in my pocket is better than in theirs.  I know the guy next to me, must have hated me being there.  The only thing that I have ever asked was to be paid for my quality junk and for you not to come back until you get more cash. 

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46:00 PM »
I'm up at the pseudo flea market every weekend. I've learned that anything can be sold if the price is right. Burned pots and pans go for $2 ea. I sold a stained dress for $4. Granted, I have the space to keep this kind of stuff. Once I get cramped, the worst stuff will be sent out to Goodwill..

xx
Sell at one flea market...buy at another

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post February 09, 2013, 03:02:18 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
How much does your flea market charge you to sell there?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post December 18, 2013, 07:21:56 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
What items sell best at your flea market?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post August 20, 2014, 12:02:50 PM
by parksleyman
xx
How much does it cost to sell at a flea market?

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2012, 07:44:17 PM
by MovieMan