Storage Auctions

MY First Time

MY First Time
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
Yesterday I setup for the first time at a flea market, honestly before this and my Antiques mall/indoor flea market ventures (all started in the last week) I have just sold to people I know and ebay. 

I have checked this flea market out twice in the past month and it has been pretty dead, but since it is 2 miles down the road and I visted it many times as a kid during the summer I thoght it would be a good place to get a feel for it before I travel 25 miles to a much larger flea market next week.

I setup a little after 7 and there were maybe 20 vendors there.  This was about as many or a lil more than were there my 2 previous.  Vendors were showing up until around 8:30.  By then I had sold about half of what I sold all day. It ended up being much more vendors maybe 30-40.

I did much better than expected for this small flea market.

After gas and breakfast I made $180 minus cost of products.

I got a good feel for what sells, I think I sold some things for much lower than anyone else but thats why I went to sell.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: MY First Time
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:33 PM »
Sounds like you did better than we did our first run out. Sounds like a good place to sell, close to home is best.   ;D

Sell for what you want. As long as you are comfortable with what you get keep it up.  ;D

All a learning experience.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
My first time out was 2 weeks ago. We netted $80. We got rained out last week and this week it's gonna be pretty cold (but we're going in anyway. Been itchin to make some money). Of course, my flea is one of the largest in the south that boasts something like 2 million unique visitors annually. There's always a few hundred vendors, which I found overwhelming my first time out  :P

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:25:24 AM »
Yesterday I setup for the first time at a flea market, honestly before this and my Antiques mall/indoor flea market ventures (all started in the last week) I have just sold to people I know and ebay. 

I have checked this flea market out twice in the past month and it has been pretty dead, but since it is 2 miles down the road and I visted it many times as a kid during the summer I thoght it would be a good place to get a feel for it before I travel 25 miles to a much larger flea market next week.

I setup a little after 7 and there were maybe 20 vendors there.  This was about as many or a lil more than were there my 2 previous.  Vendors were showing up until around 8:30.  By then I had sold about half of what I sold all day. It ended up being much more vendors maybe 30-40.

I did much better than expected for this small flea market.

After gas and breakfast I made $180 minus cost of products.

I got a good feel for what sells, I think I sold some things for much lower than anyone else but thats why I went to sell.

Are you gonna try the flea market in Summerville? A lot of the old timers say thats a real good one to sell at, but they also say sales aren't nearly as good as the use to be like 10 years ago. I sell at Dalton, might be a little far for you. Well if you ever do an Auction in Dalton, Calhoun, Cartersville, Jasper, or Dawsonville you might see me there. I don't do Alabama side auctions anymore, too much junk, too much gas money. I haven't been to Rome for an auction yet, but i'm sure it's all junk there too, right?  ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »
@ cobia

Yeah it's junke, but stuff was selling!

I've also been to summerville twice in the past month, just looking and it has been pretty crowded.  Not sure how well stuff was selling, but I do plan on attending there hopefully next week.  Will let you know how it goes.

I have been thinking about Dalton, but was just going to start at these two first ( Rome, Summerville).   

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 05:32:09 AM »
Headed out to my local flea wish me luck!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:05:23 AM »
Good Luck.

Going to look at a new market for us today.

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Slight drizzle off and on, didn't do bad though  $82.   Thats a little more seed money for auction this weekend  :)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:22 PM »
Well at least it was something. Almost as good as we have done on a Saturday and Sunday.

Went and looked at a market today. 10X10 spot two tables for $3. The distance from home is the same as the one that is $15. Only draw back is they do not reserve, will have to be like Movieman and leave home at 5:00 AM.  ::) they open at 6:00 Am.

Going to try it out on Friday and Saturday and see how it goes. they offer a guaranteed spot if you pay for the month. $60. Of course with those rates no in the building cover available. The out side spots if you rent by the month they will put up a canopy. And you can sell 5 days a week Wednesday through Sunday.

Was not real busy today but some Vendors there. We will see might bite the bullet and pay for the month would make the morning better.

And the advertise all over the local on line classified.

Hope you get one at the auction this weekend.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »
I get to the flea early becuse you just pick whatever spot you want, I like the back row because it has more vendors less open spaces.  Some vendors don't show up for an hour or two after me.

Thanks I hope I get a locker too...LOL\

Good luck with the new flea.

xx
Tell us about your first time

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 30, 2013, 11:49:36 AM
by Travis
xx
Lag Time

Started by Travis

2 Replies