Storage Auctions

2 Auctions to hit Tomorrow and just 4 miles apart

2 Auctions to hit Tomorrow and just 4 miles apart
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »
I decided since these two auctions are so close together I'd take a vacation day to hit them both if needed. If I do any good I'll drop a post and share my experience here.
Wish Me Luck

gravell ;D

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: 2 Auctions to hit Tomorrow and just 4 miles apart
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »
Good luck let us know how it goes!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »
I decided since these two auctions are so close together I'd take a vacation day to hit them both if needed. If I do any good I'll drop a post and share my experience here.
Wish Me Luck

gravell ;D

Please let us know what the crowds and prices are like even if you don't get one. You mentioned these are a little off the beaten path, so it'll be interesting to see some numbers on them.

Offline terry

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
That far huh. I wish. I'm south of Atl. GA and most of my auction runs equal. At least a 90 mile day. Still good luck

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »
Ok first Auction 12 units first unit sold for $40 and the last unit sold for $390 with lots of $1-$20 lockers and a couple of $40-$50 with not much more than beat up furniture and a lot of trash. I didn't buy and the overall quality of the units I would give a C-. Some of these units looked like they had already been picked over and left the junk for someone else to dispose of.

The second Auction had 3 units with 1 good unit that went for $225 and they were worse than most of the units at the first Auction I gave the overall quality a D. The quality of these units were so bad that after they opened the last unit 95% of the bidders just turned and left after looking.

There was right around 40 bidders at both Auctions with most shaking their heads after viewing the units. It was fun as always as you can meet some good people at Auctions. However I was really disappointed at the overall quality.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
Hey Gravell...

Thanks for the good report on your auction experience somewhere in Central CA. Sounds like the whole
crowd was disappointed with the quality more than anything else. Good prices are no good if the lkrs are junk!

But, as someone told me years ago....there's always more auctions...and he was right...they just keep coming.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »
That's right Movieman the next Auction is just days away. Those two Auctions were in Reedley and Dinuba I don't know if I'll go there again! We'll just have to wait and see?!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
That's pretty good in terms of numbers. In my area no matter how bad the locker its tough to pick up anything under $100 these days.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
I think it was a reflection of just how trashy the majority of these units were.

xx
A lot of auctions tomorrow in Houston!

Started by josepc

8 Replies
Last post November 14, 2012, 08:09:14 PM
by Travis
xx
How many miles would you be willing to drive to an auction?

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2011, 04:57:34 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Would you purchase a storage unit online if the facility was 200 miles away?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 06, 2014, 03:13:07 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
Would you purchase a storage unit online if the facility was 100 miles away?

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post September 08, 2014, 12:19:10 AM
by Travis