Storage Auctions

4 Months Until Christmas - Are you ready?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
4 Months Until Christmas - Are you ready?
« on: August 03, 2013, 10:08:23 AM »
Less than 4 months left before Christmas. Those trees, decorations and lights that are otherwise worthless the other 11 months of the year will be money makers soon. Is now the time to start looking for units that contain these items or is it not worth the trouble?

Have any of you been saving your Christmas items all year?

Does anyone save new in the box items for Christmas?

Re: 4 Months Until Christmas - Are you ready?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »
I have a shed full of halloween and christmas items that I do in fact save all year from various units. I have so many fake xmas trees I'm gonna look like a forest. Next month I will start bringing out halloween, and then right after halloween I will set out the xmas stuff.

Although I'm sure no one looks for units with holiday items, it is of course a natural and often happening. Where else would you store your decorations the other 11 months of the year but in a storage unit.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
I thought that your were nice people, why, why did you all have to bring up that?   ???

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
I'm going to be on the lookout for units with potential presents. My shopping is pretty easy.

If it looks expensive, my mom will love it.

If it's handmade or has something to do with animals, my wife will love it.

If it makes a lot of noise and moves, my 3 year old daughter will love it.

I can give my grandfather anything because he hates everything.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
I've never had luck selling that stuff..

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:28:14 PM »
When I was buying a locker a week (9 years ago) I of course got a lot of Christmas stuff. Most of it was low-end and if I got it in January through August I would go through and pick out the best stuff and save it, but the rest went to Goodwill, etc. I just couldn't justify saving it all for 11 months to the next buying season.

Some stuff went well and that's the stuff I saved, but I never really got a SUPER collection of good quality stuff. The other good seller was the really old (1950 and before) and that I sold on eBay.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »
Halloween is the big holiday for me. Last year I scored a unit with a lot of great costumes. I added some stuff that could be used to make a costume and people were coming in from miles away. Who knew. This year I have three times as much stuff in the loft ready to come out and haunt. The unit I bought this week has a lot of Halloween decorations new in the boxes so I will see how they do.

Christmas decorations hardly moved at all last year. I have only been saving the very best new items I find.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 10:32:08 AM »
I thought that your were nice people, why, why did you all have to bring up that?

Why, haven't you finished your shopping yet?

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »
Halloween is the big holiday for me. Last year I scored a unit with a lot of great costumes. I added some stuff that could be used to make a costume and people were coming in from miles away. Who knew.

I know this lady that her mother and aunt sells Halloween stuff.  All they do.
They seek out and rent 5,000-20,000 sq/ft store space for 90 days.  Month to set up, six weeks selling, tear down.   Last year they had ten locations.  Make around $50,000 off EACH!   

Then they take 4-5 months off and start again.  Looking for locations, buying inventory, hiring help,.......

Never knew there was that much money to be made off holidays by us low level guys!  Thought the corporations had it all locked down for themselves......

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »
My buddies store has a room full of xmas stuff still.  This after we trashed a good many things last year.  Santa stuff, some lights, etc. will sell.  The fake trees are hit and miss.  Still in box, or new in box - $25 or so.  People try and get real cheap on some of the stuff.  We keep more of the unusual or really nice xmas stuff.

It's Feb/March that we really try and gear up for.  Come Oct we try and buy any furniture we can get our hands on and store.

xx
Getting ready for Cyber Monday

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post November 28, 2014, 08:15:03 PM
by Travis
xx
Are you ready for this Holiday season?

Started by janette

0 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 10:39:14 AM
by janette