Storage Auctions

48 Hours To Clean Out Your Unit - Yeah Right

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
48 Hours To Clean Out Your Unit - Yeah Right
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »
You know, I was just thinking about the hundred or so lockers that I bought in 2010. I never gave much thought to it but I almost never cleaned out a unit in less than 48 hours unless I bought the unit on the last few days of the week.

Since I did all of my moving on Fridays, if I purchased a unit at the beginning of the week, I would just call the manager and ask for an extension. They rarely ever objected to it.

Re: 48 Hours To Clean Out Your Unit - Yeah Right
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:58:59 AM »
The Public Storage facilities in the Seattle area used to give you a gate code and some extra time to clean out lockers.  But for the last three months or so, they expect you to have it cleaned out in 48 hours, AND they do not give you a gate code..........you are expected to have it done during office hours!  As a result, some of the guys have had to cut back on the number of lockers they buy because it just is not physically possible to move that many lockers under those restrictions.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:56:11 AM »
I've had that issue with PS before.  U-haul is even worse.  They only give you 24 hours to clean the unit out.  Lucky the auction is on a friday.  One of the U-hauls the manager is a ahat and will not give you any extra time no matter how big a unit or how many you buy.  The other place he will work with you if you are a regular.  Many times he will give you all weekend to get things cleaned out if you buy a large unit or multiples.

I like my 3 caravan auction that is on a monday (we attend today).  He gives you a whole week to clean the units out.  So you get from that monday evening to the following monday morning.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
Here is a little tip that might save you some money one day. If you ever need extra time to clean out a unit at a U-Haul facility, if you rent a U-Haul truck, they will give you a free month of storage. They don't advertise this so you will have to specifically ask for it. If you only need storage for a month, it's a lot cheaper to pay $19.99 to rent a truck than it is to rent the unit.

xx
To what extent do you clean out the unit?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

9 Replies
Last post March 29, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
by drbecker
xx
Free Clean Out of Unit I just Won...

Started by SteveChesi

3 Replies
Last post April 18, 2013, 03:17:15 PM
by Travis
xx
Might have to try this new service cause I hate to clean unit out