Storage Auctions

Anyone else watching the live AH debut?

Anyone else watching the live AH debut?
« on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
I am, thoughts?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else watching the live AH debut?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
Just started watching it with 16 minutes left. Interesting idea .... them trying to break even or make a profit on the $5K they spent.

Just sold an empty safe to a guy for $1k.

I imagine this will be re-run and I'll take a look at the first 45 minutes I missed.

It's over, and granted I missed the first 45" so I am not speaking with much under my belt about this process, but here's my question.

What if they had bought the normal vault with general household, etc.  What an interesting show THAT would have been !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:13 PM »
I'm 15" into the rerun (an hour after the live show) and not that interested in it.

Thing most notable to me ?  How many times they call each other "dude". I remember that from the other shows.

Sorry, AH, I'm sticking with SW (and even SW Texas)...I enjoy the first and can laugh at the 2nd.

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:03:14 AM »
Ahahahha a gun from the 1600s. Ive officially seen it all.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
My opinion, it was a total flop.

It just reiterated the fact that these guys are actors.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
I liked the live show.

Did y’all see Alan point out something in a locker for one of the other bidders after the other guy won one of the vaults? I think that was cool of Allen to point something out for him and the affection he showed him after doing it. You can’t script that stuff – It looked real to me. I can only imagine the guy bided more than he thought he should have and Allen showed him where the money was in the vault. That is what I think happened.

How about towards the end when Allen was (I think) getting intense with Blaze over that gun? I think that was about as real as it gets! Neither Allen or Ton wanted to sell the gun at what could be considered a loss because they were running out of time and they showed it honestly I thought.

Was the environment staged? Of coarse it was – It was live TV and there had to be some sort of a controlled environment involved. Was it scripted? Maybe a general outline was done. I don’t think it was scripted any further than that.

Was it fun for me to watch? Heck Yes! I had a lot of fun watching and playing in the Twitter-verse during the show.

Were the vaults staged? Who knows and who cares! I guess somebody could look up the legal ads for the past month or two for that storage company. Maybe there would be some clue there that would say if the vaults were staged or not. Either way, I don’t think the participants knew what the contents were beforehand.

Great Job SpikeTV!

Yes I did see allan point that out to the other bidder! Its called acting and for ebtertainment purposes. Horriable acting. So fake

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »
anyone else think that allen and ton were told to open that chest last, as it would be something special in it if they needed it?

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
I've not watched AH or many of the shows in ages.  However, chest are one of the first things I like to open.  Safes, lock boxes, chest, metal cash boxes - all are things I love to find and open.  Granted 99% of the time they are empty, have paperwork, or pictures....but I still like to gamble.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
Safes, lock boxes, chest, metal cash boxes - all are things I love to find and open.  Granted 99% of the time they are empty, have paperwork, or pictures....but I still like to gamble.

Yea, you and everybody else at the auctions nowadays. I can tell the economy is getting better by how much people are dropping on units, and as for pointing out valuable things in a unit to my competition...Yea, I do that AALLL the time.  ::)

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
Lol - I only point out items to three other people.  One is my wife if she is with me.  The other is my two auction buddies.  We help each other out.  Now sometimes we bid against each other.  Most of the time however we collaborate looking over a unit as what I'm interested in the other two normally are not.  Or if it's a unit one of us really wants the other backs off.  A give n take relationship.  As for comments, pointing things out w/ my light for the competetion - nope not going to happen.  I've let some of the old regulars borrow my light but all the new faces are on their own.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:35 PM »
I really liked the show.  You know why?   It was the most fake thing Ive ever seen done.  Any noobie that see's this is going to say.  "Their is no way that this is real"  The other ones are somewhat believable  but this was a complete set up from the word go.  If their going to spend 5k on a moving box  first of all they are dumber then dirt.  Second ....every box was like a brand new collectiable, or come on...the guitar.  Then at very end a 17th centrury flintlock pistol.  I mean the thing was packed like they had read my fantasy's of finding that one locker once in my life.
Think they killed the show with this piece of ****

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10:32 AM »
Ya that^

Offline Millertime

• I Love Capitalism
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
I've always liked AH even though it is completely unrealistic, but the live show was hard for me to watch. I hope your right Majblade, because reality is nowhere near that show.

xx
Anyone else watching the show Klondike on Discovery?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 24, 2014, 12:04:43 PM
by Alias300
xx
Live in GA buy in FL

Started by Liandra

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2011, 10:11:02 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Do any of you live near two different time zones?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 10:16:53 AM
by janette
thumbup
Live Auction House

Started by Countryside Auction

1 Replies
Last post April 29, 2010, 01:43:42 PM
by Drew