Storage Auctions

Anyone sell “dollar” items on a regular basis?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Anyone sell “dollar” items on a regular basis?
« on: January 25, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
Taking a clue from several "wholesale" vendors at my flea market I have been selling what I will call dollar items.

I got a huge load of scarves, bracelets, etc at a piece by piece auction (dirt cheap) and the winter wear items of course went well over the last couple of months; scraves, hats, gloves.

BUT, I hate that crap from the Dollar Stores when it takes the form of figurines of every imaginable nature.  I have gotten "collections" of those things and for the most part they just go to Goodwill for someone else to handle. If they are "nicer" I sell them....religious items seem to go OK, but dogs, cats, cows....recycled to someone else.

Re: Anyone sell “dollar” items on a regular basis?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:35 PM »
I have a bunch of crap.......ummm.....I mean undiscovered treasures...... ;D that I have been storing in my basement.  Most of this are things that have been through a couple of sales or just leftover items from lockers that I sold all the good stuff off long ago. 

I am planning to have a garage sale at the end of March or in April, depending on weather, and I am going to put out boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff, basically fill up the yard, and I am going to price EVERYTHING for a dollar.  Anything left over after the sale is going to Goodwill.  I've never tried one of these before, but I'm hoping to generate some final bit of cash out of the stuff before I make it go away!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
I hate that crap from the Dollar Stores when it takes the form of figurines of every imaginable nature.

I keep all of those. I figure if I save them as a set, in about 150 years I'll be rich.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
obviously not worth the time to sell them on ebay or craigslist but at garage sales and flea markets i do a lot of dollar items, heck a lot of .25 cent items with people paying me in pennies, gotta love those.

a dollar here an a dollar ther does add up, my personal feeling however is that its north worth the time, storage, and hassle hauling all that junk around and I'd rather toss it in the garbage. the same type of people who woud buy a dollar item are the same people that will offer you 18 pennies for that item

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
obviously not worth the time to sell them on ebay or craigslist

I sell $1 items in a bulk lots and it seems to work out okay.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »
ya i woyudn't waste time pricing or displaying these items but a tote saying everything $1 doesn't hurt and isnt much work

xx
Do you sell small dollar items on craigslist?

Started by rulesforrebels

5 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 01:52:12 AM
by greenacarina
xx
Why do big items sell faster then small items, plus my 2 units recap.

Started by acman

9 Replies
Last post December 12, 2011, 02:03:40 PM
by BigBizzz
xx
Has anybody tried to sell items at auction.

Started by monkeybusiness

9 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 10:57:38 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
What items sell best at your flea market?

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post August 20, 2014, 12:02:50 PM
by parksleyman