Storage Auctions

Are YOU a hoarder?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Are YOU a hoarder?
« on: September 22, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »
Forget the wife and other family members....are YOU a hoarder?

If you are, is it a matter of just acquiring stuff to resell (and it ends up not getting listed for sale), or do you buy stuff for yourself that just seems to sit around and not get used for its intended purpose?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Are YOU a hoarder?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
Definition By Mayo Clinic staff

Hoarding is the excessive collection of items, along with the inability to discard them. Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Some people also collect animals, keeping dozens or hundreds of pets often in unsanitary conditions.

Hoarding, also called compulsive hoarding and compulsive hoarding syndrome, may be a symptom of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). But many people who hoard don't have other OCD-related symptoms.

People who hoard often don't see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. But intensive treatment can help people who hoard understand their compulsions and live safer, more enjoyable lives.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »
I think anyone who doesn't strive to live a minimalist lifestyle is a hoarder to an extent. We all have things laying around we don't throw away because maybe some day we will use them.

I know I'm that way. There's lots of drill bits and tools that I've had to buy for a project maybe nothing huge but like a $12 item. I know I'll never use it again but I don't want to toss it cuz hey if I ever do need some odd tool or bit again I'd hate to have to go spend $12. I have lots of that type of stuff lying around so in a sense I guess yes I am a hoarder, however my house is neat and clean and I have plenty of room. You won't find any 2 litre bottles of poop on my floor lol.

I have been trying to kind of throw out things and clothes I'm never going to use and kind of simplify my life a bit

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
Forget the wife and other family members....are YOU a hoarder?

No, I only keep stuff that will be very useful someday.  :)

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 06:34:53 PM »
No.  I cannot stand clutter in my home, it actually makes me sort of uncomfortable.  Once a year I will go through all my stuff and if I haven't used it for a year it goes unless I know for sure I will need it or use it again. Same with moving.  I have moved around quite a bit and every time I've moved I end up getting rid of a lot of stuff.  My kids and husband are a different story...they never want to get rid of anything.

xx
You might be a hoarder if....

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post October 25, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
by Travis
xx
Is your significant other a hoarder?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post September 28, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
by Kat612