Storage Auctions

Auction Notices Slow During December

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Auction Notices Slow During December
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:22:40 PM »
So far this December, the amount of Notice of Public Sales advertised in the newspapers have diminished. The major storage facilities are still having their regular auctions on schedule but I have noticed that a lot of the smaller or medium sized chains are not having an auction this month. Some of them may not want to foreclose on people around the holidays, or possibly, they just don't want to compete with holiday shopping.

Anyone else have an opinion of what could be causing this slow down?

Re: Auction Notices Slow During December
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Hasn't been slow around here so not sure why you aren't seeing them where you are at.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »
It's never slow in California, it rains storage auctions there. I'm not saying it's slow in Texas, there are just fewer auction notices being published so far this month. Since legal notices are normally published 2-4 weeks in advance, you may not notice a slow down until the end of this month.

Now that I think about what I just said, it all makes sense. Very few storage facilities want to have an auction around the holidays, so logically we would see fewer notices published over the past few weeks.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
It is slower in the Pacific NW for sure, several places actually told me that they specifically are not holding them this month because of the holidays.   Around here anyway, January should be pretty busy.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
I agree, January will be busier and there will be more units for sale at all of the facilities that didn't have an auction this month.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
thats kind of odd , ive found many places especially the smaller ones want the deadbeats off the books before jan 1

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
Just anecdotal evidence but more and more when I talk to owners of storage facilities the less the like doing auctions and wanting to do auctions. It seems before the TV shows they could do the auctions under the radar and no big deal. Now that the TV shows have opened up the industry to the average joe, it seems like some facility owners don't want to get the reputation of being "that guy" who sells off peoples stuff if they miss a payment or two, especially in smaller towns. Nothing like word spreading around town that you're the mean SOB who just sold off the property of someone who had some unforseen event cause them to miss some payments. The large corporate chains are maintaining their auction schedule.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:32:28 PM »
The large corporate chains are maintaining their auction schedule.

Yeah they are! I just finished the Houston schedule last night and it seems like every chain facility that normally has an auction from the 22nd-26th bumped up their schedule and had their auctions early.

Offline theoddfind

• Buy big or go home!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
There has been a decline in auctions in Lancaster Pa in December.

xx
Legally Required Auction Notices in Sacramento area

Started by stanleywhatnots

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2011, 09:59:51 PM
by gravell
xx
Auction Scene #12....December, 2013

Started by MovieMan

14 Replies
Last post December 30, 2013, 04:10:23 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds