Storage Auctions

Bidder has no money !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Bidder has no money !
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
OK....that's it. This newbie has to go !

Went to an auction the other day and a scruffy looking guy started bidding on a few lockers. He didn't get any of them UNTIL....he bid on one and just wouldn't quit going up against a guy who had beaten him out on some cheaper lockers.

This lkr sells for $650 to him...the scruffy guy.  Auction goes on and about two lkrs later I see scruffy talking to the auctioneer, and then walking off the facilty.  Auctioneer catches up to the crowd and says scruffy didn't have the money to pay for what he bought!  Incredible.  So, bids are opened again and this time the interest just isn't there anymore...locker sells for $375.  Some people happy.....not the auctioneer.

Have you seen something similar?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Bidder has no money !
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:47:43 AM »
Have you seen something similar?

Yes but they don't re-auction the unit. They instead transfer the win to the under-bidder.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
I've seen people bid&win and as auction continues they disappear.   None of the auctions here are real strict on sign up sheets.  So if you don't sign in and then walk they don't know who you are......

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
Was at a caravan one morning and the last unit come up. Boxes of books, pews, organ, etc. Was curious what it would go for so I stayed. Two guys bidding on it and it went for $550. I left and went to the next facility. The auctioneer took forever to get there. Apparently the man that won the bid was the Preacher of the church that owned the unit and he didn't have the money to pay what he bid. The unit was given to the next highest bidder who made a deal to let them buy back the stuff if they did it within a week. Never found out if they came up with the money or not. Even God looses a unit once in a while.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »
 A preacher lies and deceives and doesn't honor his debts?  That's just wrong.

I've always found it odd when owners bid on thier own unit up for bid.  Sure, rare instant were you'll come out ahead but 99.9 time out of 100 its stupid.  You can clean it out now but couldn't three months ago?  You couldn't take the bid money and make a deal?   

I think a lot of these people think they can skip out on a $700 bill by bidding $200.  Not realizing they still own the $500 plus fee's.    But then again no one seems to care about personal accountability  these days....everyone is a victim.   

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »
yeah seen it many of times, all auctioneers say upfront you have to have cash or tht they take cards, payment due immediately, etc. there's no excuse for people bidding on things they can't pay for. its times like these the regulars should groan, tell the guy he's an idiot, and basically shame him into never attending an auction again.

xx
bidder with no money

Started by terry

8 Replies
Last post March 09, 2011, 04:26:22 PM
by sbell111
xx
A Bidder as an Auctioneer

Started by alloro

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2011, 07:40:33 PM
by craiglstauction