Storage Auctions

bought another locker today...

Offline otbg

bought another locker today...
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
Had an interesting day today and ended up buying another locker. 3rd auction I went to today had 3 units for sale. The one I bought (pics below) and 2 5x5 units. From the immediate view of the locker, some of the items that could be seen were: organ, bunch of golf balls (just knew clubs were buried in this unit somewhere), 2 fishing poles, bunch of sports trophies, white metal futon frame, mountain bike, guitar case, dvd's, pair of drywall stilts and a bunch of trash/clothes. As you can see from the pics, I ended up finding the clubs, some paintball gear (no guns) about 50+ DVD's and ps2 games, some random sports cards, headlights to unidentified car, remote control boat, bunch of computer parts and the drywall stilts. The organ ended up being a Yamaha electone FS-200. It has some marks on the wood, but once I rolled up the panel where the keys and buttons are, it genuinely looks like it has never been played.

Now, my question to you is what would YOU have paid for this locker and what do you think it went for? Keep in mind that one 5'x5 stacked to the ceiling in black bags and cloths went for $245.00 and the other 5x5 with 2 cheap plastic framed art prints, nasty end table a one tote went for $85.00.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: bought another locker today...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:36:53 PM »
well if the first picture you have here is what the unit looked liked during the bidding process, I wouldnt have paid more than $250 for it. Maybe $350 if I was feeling like gambling.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:43:06 AM »
U came up bro. Good ****. Idve bid at least 400 no prob

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 02:44:59 AM »
What was in that lil.brown box?

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 05:41:56 AM »
I'd have stopped at $400, and knew I was taking a gamble. But hey, they're storage units.  Every single one is a gamble.

Offline otbg

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:56:35 AM »
My thought process before bidding was: I will bid as high as $200. There are some quality items there, but there is also 2 trips to the dump in their (cost is $6.00/load here, so not bad) and several hours of digging/cleaning. With my $200 bid though I probably wont win it because people see a fishing pole and/or guitar case, they start bidding stupid.

What actually happened is mind boggling: With 15 or so bidders mumbling about having to haul off the organ... I got the unit for $45.00.

The guy who bought the 5' x 5' with the bags to the ceiling and paid $245.00 was directly across from him, so our trucks were sided by side. an hour into it, he complains to me that these lockers are **** and probably staged units. I asked him what he thought was "staged about a bunch of black garbage bags" and that he should probably bid better on better units. I could not be any happier with my $45.00 purchase.

Offline otbg

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »

I forgot to mention the little brown box. :)
There was some pretty cool "artifact" thingy in there that I have no idea what it is. It is pretty neat looking though.  Also, if you notice the white box on the futon frame in some of the pics with newspaper and bubble wrap showing out of the top. There was a neat hand carved wood sculpture about 18" tall.
I will take pics of both later today.

Offline otbg

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »

I have no idea what it is, but I don't get the impression that it is worth a whole lot. Also a picture of the hand carved statue thing.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »
That last picture of the statue is a dime a dozen. Even so though I have never seen a Retail Store that sells them for less than $80.

The other one looks like it could be a pipe or a tray for burning incense. Not 100% sure since I cant see it in person.

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »
Coool. :P

I like that kinda ****.
Ya j prolly right first one looks like some sort of incense burner of oil burner

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
I'd take that locker for $45.  It would of gone for $200 + around my parts with the organ and guitar case.  Nice find you had there.

xx
Bought Five Units Today.

Started by the teacher

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2011, 09:34:39 PM
by the teacher
xx
Bought a winner today!

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post February 23, 2013, 09:42:05 PM
by HomeGrownPromos