Storage Auctions

Cable Boxes

Cable Boxes
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
Does anyone have a outlet for Cable Boxes?
Will the cable Co. Pay anything?
They start to pile up.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Cable Boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
I can't count how many cable boxes I've tossed. I've looked into it a little and havn't found an outlet for them. Cable comapnies don't want tehm back and they are really no good as I think they are programed to a certain account. .

The only option I can think of is if you have a recycling/scrap metal place in your area. Oftentimes they buy old computers and stuff. Maybe they buy cable boxes to recycle the components as well not sure.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
Only thing I ever do with them, if they are the ones that record, is take them apart, and get the hard drive out of them, that is sellable. Everything else I toss.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
I take stuff like that and it goes on my scrap pile. I am an part time scrapper and that stuff can add up. Light iron is at 12 cents a lb here which is crazy high

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:46:41 AM »
Most boxes can be reset fromthe control room , its no problem for the cable company, they just delete the box number from whatever address it is assigned to and then reassign it to the new address where it is going.
I took two boxes back and they iddnt even say thankyou, these boxes cost between $400 to $2000 dollars,
I told the girl I would trash the next ones I found. She told me I couldnt do that that it was thier property. I told her you already got you maony for them , you did not even know I had those, so you willnever know know what I trash.  I cant believe they would not give a finders fee of at least $10 to $20..A plain box is $400, a dvr box over $600 and a HD/DVR can run as high as $2000 . I know my company runs  a small cable company.. now the big guys the boxes might not cost them that much, but payin $10 to get one back, would stillbe cheaper than a new one.
most companies now charge a deposit for the higher price box , or if you do run out with one, you will not get cable serive until you pay for the old box.

but mine go to the trash from now on.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
that is why mine go to the trash, after I get the hard drive out if there is one. Not worth the BS trouble, although I might look into recycling it as scrap. Not really much into scrapping things, they dont pay to well here in San Antonio.

xx
What do you guys do with Cable and Satallete reciever boxes (DVR's, etc)

Started by truedaystar

5 Replies
Last post March 10, 2015, 09:43:27 AM
by jamelar
xx
Modems, Cable Boxes, Satellite Dishes

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post December 13, 2012, 02:59:47 AM
by glassbreaker
xx
IFC Cable Network developing idea for Storage Facility Series