Storage Auctions

Clothes- how does everyone do?

Re: Clothes- how does everyone do?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
I'm having a yard sale tomorrow and Saturday.....first one in a long time.  Anyway, for some reason or another, I've ended up with a fairly large amount of name brand clothes.....way more than usual.  Usually I pick out a couple of the nicest things and throw them on ebay, but this time I'm going to run them through the sale and see how they do.  After that.......off to Goodwill......I'm tired of storing them!

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 02:12:24 AM »
Thanks to everyone for a lot of great feedback and information. I've got some new tricks to try now. I surely do hate to toss out money.
And to The Teacher... how did you do at your sale yesterday?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
For me, selling clothes successfully is really about three things, 1.Quality, 2.Customer base, & 3.Exposure.

1.All clothes with any kind of holes, rips, & stains get donated.
   Only name brand, department store quality clothes are sold (Wal-mart, K-mart brands get donated).
   No undies, socks, jammies, wife beaters, or sweats at my sale.

2. Atleast in my area, you got to find a place where the immigrant community is shopping, or get them to come to you. At the flea market we get 
    a lot of foot traffic but also a lot of competition. Try to find a way to be around large crowds with little competition.

3. How often are you trying to sell clothes? Once a month yard sale, you will sell X amount of clothes, twice a week flea market (depending on      traffic & competition), you will sell X more clothes, find a way to have your clothes for sale everyday of the week, and you will move even more clothes.

I left out price because frankly you just can't beat the marketplace on price. There is always somebody at the flea market or at a yard sale selling off their personal clothes for .25 cents .50 cents, all you can put in a bag for 1 dollar, etc. I have tried the mass pushing of product on customers & it really doesn't work, they are going to buy exactly what they want or need, and it doesn't matter if you are selling them for .25 cents each or 2 dollars each. I have NEVER seen someone start grabbing up piles & piles of clothes just because I was selling them for .10 cents each, just doesn't work. What works is getting MORE individual BUYERS in front of your clothes.

xx
Selling clothes

Started by Millertime

6 Replies
Last post June 27, 2011, 08:08:22 PM
by Millertime
xx
Getting bad smells out of clothes.

Started by Zao24

8 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 10:24:33 PM
by drbecker
xx
What do you all do with the clothes you find?

Started by Adam

18 Replies
Last post July 12, 2013, 09:45:30 AM
by dbr831
xx
Clothes with Security tags

Started by RiverRoverPA

12 Replies
Last post January 08, 2013, 04:21:56 PM
by rulesforrebels