Storage Auctions

Coins....Barber Dimes

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Coins....Barber Dimes
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
I know at least ONE reader here who will respond !

I was going through an envelope of old family pics and found four barber dimes in plastic sleeves.

They are:

Dime 1910P    $10
Dime 1910S    $10
Dime 1913P    $5
Dime 1915P    $10

I know CONDITION is everything with coins and I think there are half a dozen or more grades. I looked these up on eBay and the prices I have assigned above seem to fit mine, though I'm sure the amount of detail in a cheek bone makes a difference.

My question is, can I "safely" ask these prices at the flea market and adjust downward by a buck or two. Yes, I know you really have to SEE them, but I'm just asking the coin collectors for some general response. I don't want to take pics or anything for either here or eBay. I can guarantee you they are not $75 coins !

Thanks for any help.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: Coins....Barber Dimes
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:37:53 AM »
I know at least ONE reader here who will respond !

I was going through an envelope of old family pics and found four barber dimes in plastic sleeves.

They are:

Dime 1910P    $10
Dime 1910S    $10
Dime 1913P    $5
Dime 1915P    $10

I know CONDITION is everything with coins and I think there are half a dozen or more grades. I looked these up on eBay and the prices I have assigned above seem to fit mine, though I'm sure the amount of detail in a cheek bone makes a difference.

My question is, can I "safely" ask these prices at the flea market and adjust downward by a buck or two. Yes, I know you really have to SEE them, but I'm just asking the coin collectors for some general response. I don't want to take pics or anything for either here or eBay. I can guarantee you they are not $75 coins !

Thanks for any help.

I think you will be fine with those asking prices. The only serious coin collectors who go to flea markets will be looking to rip you off anyway. Most likely you will sell those to a novice who just wants to start a collection, or start one for their children or grandchildren or just think they are cool and really don't care about the current numismatic value per grade and condition of the coin.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:20:56 PM »
6 23 2012

Sold each of these four dimes for $5.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:28:08 PM »
Dang it - how did I miss this post.  Sorry Movieman I got busy w/ RL and didn't check for old post.

You have someone a super deal.  You had about $15 worth of dimes in G-4 condition.  Silver value about $2 per dime.  I'd of bought those for the $5.  Oh well - teach me to check forums more often.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 04:41:56 PM »
Dang it - how did I miss this post.  Sorry Movieman I got busy w/ RL and didn't check for old post.

You have someone a super deal.  You had about $15 worth of dimes in G-4 condition.  Silver value about $2 per dime.  I'd of bought those for the $5.  Oh well - teach me to check forums more often.

Are we talking the same dollar amounts here?

I sold EACH of the four coins for $5 for a total of $20.

One of them went to a guy across the way from me and he resold it for $7 to a dime collector customer of his.

The other 3 went to another fellow because the first guy had passed on them. None of the four was in great shape.

I was happy with the $20....came out of the $1900 locker I bought May 9, 2012.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Ah - that makes more sense.  I had read it as $5 for the lot.

xx
Storage Battles Nickels and Dimes it's Clients

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post September 27, 2013, 07:52:33 PM
by Travis
xx
Coins..Coins..Coins.....

Started by jimbo

12 Replies
Last post March 15, 2014, 08:02:53 PM
by thechildrenspatch