Storage Auctions

Comcast and Verizon Boxes. How to sell?

Comcast and Verizon Boxes. How to sell?
« on: May 14, 2015, 03:37:52 PM »
Every unit has atleast 1 or 2 of these but usually 5-6!  What can I do with them other than throw them in the garbage, or cut my hands up trying to get the scrap metal out?

I tried calling comcast and they had no interest.
I don't understand them, if you don't return your box when you move they bill you $80!  I told them I would give them 8 boxes for $20 and they rubbed their nipples and said no.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Comcast and Verizon Boxes. How to sell?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
They've already charged the customer for the "lost" boxes. If they get them back they have to credit the customer, so it's not worth the trouble to them. Sell them on Craigslist or eBay.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:44:30 PM »
They've already charged the customer for the "lost" boxes. If they get them back they have to credit the customer, so it's not worth the trouble to them. Sell them on Craigslist or eBay.

for what reason would somebody want to buy a cable box off of me on ebay?  I see them for sale there but since there is no way to use them without sending back to the cable company to resignal it or whatever what use would anyone have for them?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 09:15:19 AM »
for what reason would somebody want to buy a cable box off of me on ebay?

If someone damaged theirs they could just be looking for a cheap replacement instead of paying full price to Comcast/Verizon, a cable box repair company looking for spare parts, or more likely someone buys them, rigs them to receive all channels, then sells them.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 11:45:48 PM »
Funny story. A city maintenance crew hit my cable line yesterday. So, I call Time Warner and got the same response I always get when there's a problem, "we'll send out a technician on (insert a week later.)" Those of you who know me, know that Friday & Saturday are my busiest days of the week and being without an internet connection isn't an option. The last time this happened, I spent 2 days on McDonalds' wifi to make sure the auction schedules met their deadline. Anyway, here's the funny part.

I have a tool fetish. (No, nothing creepy, I just hoard tools.) It doesn't matter what they're for, if there is a chance I'll ever use them, I keep them. Buying storage units has furthered this obsession. A few years ago, I bought a unit that had a cable installer's tool bag in it. The tool bag was filled with specialty tools for the trade. Up until today, I joked around that I'd probably never use them.

Well, once I saw that frayed cable sticking 3 inches out of the ground, I decided to repair it myself rather than spend my weekend at some fast food or coffee establishment. Took a few hours, but everything is working fine now. I used all but one of those specialty tools. As much as I dislike doing the job that my over-priced cable company should have done, truth be told, I'm glad I finally got to use the tools I never thought I'd use.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:06:29 AM »
I used all but one of those specialty tools. As much as I dislike doing the job that my over-priced cable company should have done, truth be told, I'm glad I finally got to use the tools I never thought I'd use.

Well still be sure to have them come out and make sure it's spliced correctly so you don't have another issue down the road.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »
Well still be sure to have them come out and make sure it's spliced correctly so you don't have another issue down the road.

They are. I'm going to have them replace and rebury the cable.

xx
Throw it all in boxes,and let them dig for it

Started by mj74

9 Replies
Last post December 30, 2011, 08:18:57 AM
by money4nothing
xx
Shipping & Boxes

Started by Streets

11 Replies
Last post April 04, 2012, 03:24:31 PM
by TechGromit